the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Truth or Dare [Mirage]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Stop. That one word had Res's turning frame freeze instantly. Her golden orbs squeezed shut as she listened to the swift steps of the petite mare whose presence demanded that of respect and honour. Nothing she had ever seen this mare do had proved that she deserved otherwise. And, so, with one word all of Res's world stopped. She held her breath until she felt the fae's maw sling over her withers in an embrace. Tears welled into Res's orbs as she listened to the dark one apologize. All that she could do was shake her head. "Sorry for what, ma'am. There is nothing you have done..." she whispered, voice trembling as her frame slowly began to as well.

Gently, she twisted her neck around, bumping her maw with that of the dark one's before she spoke again. Her one ear twitching as she mentioned a name she did not recall, but assumed was her bonded from the way she spoke of this Akaith. "I should be looking as well, ma'am... There are bound to be more... the Foothills... there is no way that we did not incur damage..." she whispered, a shattered mind replaying the memory of Quil's wing and the sickness in his eyes. Others had been worse. She had seen tons falling as she had fled from the Foothills that horrible morning. The Grey... they were the chorus who dared to sing the song of Death. They would not have allowed the Edge to go by unscathed.

And, yet, the dark mare was apologizing again. Apologizing for getting her caught up in the fighting. Calling her brave. Embodying some principal of the Qian? She was admired by the one mare who should have been above everyone. And then, she was asking for Resplendence to rest with her, for just a moment. The shadow of a mare pulled back ever so slightly, golden gazes locking onto each other for a few seconds before she gently nudged and caressed the light's nape in an attempt to comfort her.

Tears. That was all that was managed, though. She shook her head every so slightly as she squeezed her eyes shut to force the tears to stop. Her hair cascading across her face as she attempted to hide behind it for a few moments. And, when her lungs stopped heaving she allowed her weak voice to come out, "I am far from brave, ma'am. I expected nothing more than death - it is what I deserve for not being able to help those I have lost..." she whispers, not daring to elaborate - to say the names of her beloveds. "I am not one to be admired, either. You are the one that I admire. For being able to carry such strength... to not be bothered by anything. To... to always be a rock..." Her voice locked in her throat as she closed her eyes. She didn't know who this shadow saw before her, but she was not what she was describing. A couple of deep breaths and she spoke again, "And I'm afraid I'm not... familiar with the term 'Qian', sorry ma'am..." Sheepishly, she lowered her head.

Her trembling had lowered massively since the shadowed mare had fallen to her side. And, it took all of her not to lean against the mare's frame. Res felt as though she needed to stay on edge. There could be something lurking. There could be something there for her to protect her leader from. And she knew she was not strong enough to do such a thing. But, she would try. She couldn't let the one mare who had everyone who cared get hurt. And she couldn't not do her job. But the shadowed mare wished for her presence, and so she would allow her to have it. If she could give her some form of comfort than perhaps she might have done her job as well. Healing... but not physically.

Perhaps she could help the shadowed mare heal mentally, if she was beginning to break as well...

671 words
<3 you
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-08-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-16-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-22-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-30-2013, 05:09 AM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 10-05-2013, 11:44 PM