the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Truth or Dare [Mirage]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
She didn’t respond to Res’s denial. The strong, darker mare simply held her in the curve of her neck. The strong one was clinging to the mare who was unable to stop the trembling of her own frame while she fought the tears back from her own eyes. It was ironic, wasn’t it? The strong one clinging onto the weak as if they were their last hope at whatever it was the shadow desired to achieve. Res could not answer as to what this thing was, but the shadowed leader wished to wrap herself up with the tiny, claybank mare and she could do nothing to stop her.

A soothing voice emanated from the velveteen maw, telling Res to hush, telling her that it would be fine. And, so she hushed up for a few moments, allowing the both of them to sit together in silence. It was comforting, and the claybank’s trembling was definitely lessening. But, with Mirage’s reference to the Qian, Res could do nothing more than to apologize for not understanding what she meant and ask what it was.

Mirage apologized even though there was no need for one. Res was not well versed in politics, she was not well versed in anything other than the name of The Grey and the horror that they inflicted. She had shut herself off from the world to try and protect herself. Her association with the Edge was the complete opposite of how she had been living her life after that initial invasion. And, so knowledge did not bode well to her. Res listened as the shadowed mare’s voice curled around her audits, still soothing. Peace. Equality. Protecting those who needed it. How did she embody them? Res couldn’t quite understand. She could feel the shadow leaning against her frame just as she had leaned against the shadow herself for comfort. Both of them relying so strongly on the other it was amusing. It was so amusing. Everything is just melding together into a sense of peace. ”T-thank… thank you…” she whispered.

And, Mirage’s voice is speaking again. Bravery is facing a trial even when you think the outcome is hopeless… Res shook her head. ”It is… when you hope to live in the end – when you hope you’ll still be able to see everyone again. Ma’am. I’m sorry to disappoint – I went in there suicidal. Prepared to die, hoping to die…” she whispered, her voice trembling as she closed her eyes and ducked her head away. She couldn’t look the shadowed one in the eye, it was humiliating. The mare believing that Res was such a great character, only to learn she had been completely suicidal in the beginning. But, the shadowed’s voice emerged again, saying that plenty bothered her. Saying that she couldn’t let it affect her for too long. Saying that if it lingered so much that she wouldn’t be able to lead those in a way that they deserved. A tiny pause from Res as she takes a breath in. ”And this, Ma’am, is exactly why you are strong and I am not…” And then, she lets her breath out and finally allows her golden orbs to look back up to the shadowed mare who was a rock for the entire herd…

546 words
so sorry it took so long!

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-08-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-16-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-22-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-30-2013, 05:09 AM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 10-05-2013, 11:44 PM