the Rift

Falling Through The Cracks [OPEN]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

Though I hadn't dealt with it myself upon entering these lands, I could only imagine how this pale mare was feeling in the midst of so many strangers while standing on foreign ground. When I had come, I had been stripped of my worries; I had already lost everything dear to me, and I wouldn't have cared if somebody had come charging at me with the intent to exterminate. But I had only been met with kindness during my year in Helovia, and I would assure that this newcomer was treated no differently than I had been.

She introduced herself as Brisa, to which I gave the slightest dip of my head in acknowledgement, of greeting, but my mouth was kept shut as she continued on to explain what had brought her here. Her story was innocent enough, and when she had finished I wasn't blind to the way her eyes lingered upon me before looking away. I doubted that that was all to her story, however, to press for more information would be rude, and it wasn't in my nature to do so anyway. For now, I could only offer my kindness to the mare as well as my guidance, and hopefully, my home.

Harmony was the next to speak, and her voice alone seemed capable of stirring up mixed emotions in the pit of my stomach. Had she been a more staple figure in the Edge, I might have labeled her a traitor, but who was I to judge her for her decision? No, I did not like the group that called themselves Assassins, not in the very least. They had threatened my home once, and I was untrusting towards any who allied themselves with the group. I would have to alert Mirage of the painted mare's official departure of our herd, and perhaps I could find audience with Harmony herself and question her of her decision.

"I may take you up on your offer," I spoke up in response to Harmony, granting her a brief look before my eyes settled back onto Brisa, "But now is not the time."

The spotted one was next to speak, going into much more detail on the options that were present to Brisa than Harmony had. She dared to speak of my own home in the World's Edge, but her view of it was neutral as it ought to be. Then, she went on to describe the migration of outcast groups, an idea that I wasn't entirely sure of. Since a colt I had lived in Vallhea, that small elven village I still so fondly referred to as home, and now I was in the World's Edge. Both were set boundaries of land, and so the idea of traveling somewhere new every season was something I'd never truly experienced.

Now, it was my turn to speak.

"Of course, you do not have to decide immediately, miss Brisa. When I came through here, I was offered a home in the land of the Dragon's Throat, a desert herd, but I declined at the time. I wandered a while to see the lands myself before settling in the World's Edge; perhaps I could show you the lands of Helovia before you make your decision? Aside from our outcasts group," I paused momentarily to glance at the other two present, then back to the pale maiden, "You have the aforementioned herds, as well as the Windtossed Foothills. There is another, the Aurora Basin, but I would advise you out of the north where they reside. They are a nasty bunch from what I have seen." The truth of that could be seen from the gashes marring my shoulders, and I hoped that Brisa would heed my warning. "The benefits of herd life are a much broader band of protection should the need arise, and from the Gods that watch over our lands, some are gifted with magic so that they may better serve the herd. If it is weather you worry about, we have fires to chase the cold away during Frostfall, and though the smell might take some time to get used to, the sea breeze does much to cool the body during Tallsun."

Throwing her head back and dropping from her perch above, Suli took up her old favored spot upon my neck, stretching her neck to peer between my ears at the pale mare as if questioning her what she would decide. Impatient creature she was...

[ooc - Not my best but x.x]

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Falling Through The Cracks [OPEN] - by Brisa - 09-08-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Falling Through The Cracks [OPEN] - by Brisa - 09-09-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: Falling Through The Cracks [OPEN] - by Adalaide - 09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: Falling Through The Cracks [OPEN] - by Brisa - 09-09-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: Falling Through The Cracks [OPEN] - by Adalaide - 09-10-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: Falling Through The Cracks [OPEN] - by Destrier - 09-10-2013, 07:44 PM
RE: Falling Through The Cracks [OPEN] - by Brisa - 09-11-2013, 01:06 AM