the Rift

I'm not a Wimp, You are Mistaken. [open]

Oliver Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Break them, or I will...

If been nice and patient with Adrixaura, but I was tired, and Rasta kept talking, and I didn't want to upset her further by hurting her feelings then vanishing. Her motherly chords rang to mine as I listened. "Everyone matters in the big picture, sir. One action leads to other actions. It changes someone's day, which will then change the next person's day and so forth. Anyone can change the ever forming picture..." In all honesty, I knew about the snowball effect, and okay, Adrixaura was important in this second, but once I left she'd become nothing more than more horseflesh. Rasta, well, we could end up friends, but she'd have to stop lecturing me, or we would get no where as friends.

Finally, Rasta broke the awkward silence that droned on for so long, my ears metaphorically hurt. "Perhaps some other time than, Oliver, you can come and see the Throat and meet more people. You are in the Threshold of Helovia. It's generally where people come to gather new members of their ever-growing family, to make sure that they all get a home and someone to ensure their safety. I can help lead you out of here and into the general wild - but I would suggest that if you start to run close to a border that you do not cross them. The herds take their safety seriously and would not hesitate to ensure you did not threaten them in any way possible..."

"I'd like to thank you for your hospitality, Miss White, but I think I'll stay an outcast. If your herd is anything like Adrixaura and her herd, I think I'll pass forever, but I will stop by later some time and visit your land. Perhaps you can show me around, but I do not think now is the time. I am far too tired to be active, or even awake. Forgive me. I will take your advice into consideration if I am nearing a herd land." I gave her a smirk, before tilting his head to her.

I looked at my path ahead and decided this was my opportunity to leave. "Again, thank you Rasta, but I will be on my way now." I took another look at her as I walked past her. "Have a good night, Rasta." I liked the way that name fell on my lips. It had a nice ring to it, that I shall not forget for sometime. I hope I would see her again, as she was the first horse to show hospitality in Helovia. My figure slowly faded from view down the path.

That had been quite interesting if I say so myself. I'd met two mare, both very opposites. Adrixaura, she'd been rough and very I'll-mannered. Rasta had been sweet and motherly, which could also be annoying, but in a different way then Adrixaura. Mares, they were complicated creatures. Not just part of the time, but all the time.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
I'm not a Wimp, You are Mistaken. [open] - by Oliver - 09-08-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: I'm not a Wimp, You are Mistaken. [open] - by Adrixaura - 09-09-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: I'm not a Wimp, You are Mistaken. [open] - by Oliver - 09-10-2013, 03:23 PM
RE: I'm not a Wimp, You are Mistaken. [open] - by Oliver - 09-14-2013, 10:53 AM
RE: I'm not a Wimp, You are Mistaken. [open] - by Oliver - 09-15-2013, 11:42 PM