the Rift

[OPEN] Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
K A H L U A
As she walked with the wolf, letting him keep several steps ahead as per his suggestion, the mare tried hard to get her brain to ponder. For all you know you have just given a scout, sent out to find food, enough information to locate your home. The words troubled her because the wolf was right. Though she had been frightened, she had decided to trust the wolf enough to tell him of her home. She could hardly help herself, after all. She loved the place so much, she wanted everyone to love it and become a part of it. Everyone that upheld their standards, of course. Still, try as she might, she could not get her brain to figure out if he was trying to teach her a lesson or was being strangely open about clandestine plans- reverse psychology, if you will.

The thoughts were more than she could bear and more than once she had sighed in frustration on the walk from Threshold to Edge. I know you are taking a great risk in offering me a place amongst you, or a chance at least. You are lucky I am not a threat to you or your home. The other words that had followed had left her mind no clearer. She needed Smoke, or Kaj, or someone more suited to thinking about such things. Even Aaron, hot-headed as she had found him, would be better for the contemplations of the world she was attempting. Thor would think the best of the wolf, of course, kindly as he was... for one of few moments in her life, Kahlua wished she was smarter.

You never truly know who is the wolf or the lamb, until one bites you. It was like she could not get his words out of her head. Somehow he knew so much more than she did about the world. It was not hard to know more than her, she knew this, but a simpleton cannot become a rocket scientist just by wishing on stars. Still, as they walked, she found herself become more comfortable with his easy attitude and friendly manner. It was kind of him to stay several steps ahead of her, to let her guide him from behind so that she could see him as she went. If he had hoofs instead of claws, certainly they would have been the best of friends by now.

“Halt here,” she said finally, finding herself brave enough to come up beside him. The mists that shrouded the land before them marked the line between World's Edge and out lands. With the moon shining down brightly above, the mists almost twinkled in the darkness. It was strangely beautiful, Kahlua thought. “These are our borders. Certainly someone will smell us and come soon enough.” Just for good measure, though, she nickered. As she stopped speaking, she almost felt bad for treating him as guilty until proven innocent. He had done nothing to her thus far, the many hours they spent together on their walk peaceful as the cloudless night. Taking a deep breath, she turned to look him in the eye. The vibrant orange of his coat was becoming of him, she decided. “You'll have to forgive me when this is all over, my friend.” A gentle smile crossed her lips.

@[Vertigon]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Kahlua - 09-09-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-12-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-20-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM