the Rift

[OPEN] Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
What was going on? Res didn't want more new members. She didn't know who to trust anymore! The invasion had made her head spin. They still had the same lands, but now anyone could be a threat. She could only trust Quil, Kaj, Smoke, Mirage, and the others whom she had met before the invasion or spent time with immediately afterward.

The fact that there were so many people coming toward the Edge now was unsettling to her in the least. And, so she wished to only find some of those anti-anxiety herbs which had done so well for her earlier. She needed to find a way to calm down. She needed to find a way to move on and try and not think everyone was a threat. So, she continued to move forward. One foot after the other. One. Two. Three. Breathe in. Four. Step forward. Five, breathe out. Six. Another step forward. Continuing the pattern, though just a bit faster after actually settling into the rhythm which it created for her broken mind.

That was when she heard a whiny fill the air close to the border line which she had been travelling near in search of those herbs. She couldn't exactly recall the specific area that the herbs had been, and so now she needed to actually hunt. But, with the call ringing in her audit she inched closer toward it. Her body swaying delicately as she high-stepped her way over toward where the noise had come from, careful to not make too much noise or to step on anything that might cause her to trip in the process.

And, when she saw Kahlua there her gaze brightened up a little. Though, it was still filled with the sadness of the shattered heart and mind she possessed. She was simply grateful that it was not someone new - someone with horns. But, of course, life was not to go too well for the claybank mare with the missing ear. For, the air stunk of wolf, and as she began to get closer and closer to the painted mare she noticed that there was, indeed, a maned wolf sitting down right beside her. Confusion flooded her face as panic slowly began to set in. God. Don't let it attack. She didn't want to have to crush another wolf's skull.

Memories of her children and mate getting torn to shreds by the hungry wolves were flashing through her skull. The blood. The cries. The pain. The fact that she could really do nothing. Her mind was distant. Every inch of her looking as though she had fallen into a daze. But, on the inside she was crying. She was screaming. She was kicking. She was fighting. And to no avail. She had lost them, again.

Shaking her head violently she pulled her mind back to the present before allowing her silken vocals to float out into the sky and wrap themselves around the mists. "Did you gather a companion, Kahlua?" she whispered, still uncertain about the creature beside her. Friend? Foe? Another part of the painted mare's soul?

She couldn't be sure...

529 words
;3

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-12-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-20-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Resplendence - 09-10-2013, 06:14 PM