the Rift

[OPEN] Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance]

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit
Strength of the body was different to strength of the mind. The two were often compared and forgotten, each described as important and yet, never truly understood. The young Resplendence that shivered by my side was perhaps seen as weak for showing her fear so openly, but why would she have been accepted into this herd if our WeyrLeader had not seen something worthwhile within her? Everyone had something to give, and perhaps I was being too judgmental in assuming that this wolf had only teeth and claws to offer - maybe he had more beneath that rich auburn pelt of his, behind those deep, inquisitive eyes. He replied to me, and I considered his words, and found myself satisfied. It would be interesting indeed getting to know him further, which was something I found myself wanting to do. Perhaps he would prove to be a scholar as well as a protector. Perhaps he would prove to be nothing more than a mindless predator when exposed to the youth of our herd.

Could he be trusted?

"Very well," I said, dipping my horned crown to his as silent affirmation. "Be sure to seek out our WingLeaders, Destrier and Kaj." I could accept him as a citizen, but he would need to gain the approval of more than I to be raised to a Protector. "Welcome." I added, before nudging the mare beside me, and sweeping the mists around us with my leonine tail, I allowed myself and Resplendence to be absorbed by our home, to find peace and security within the misty darkness of the realm gifted to us by the Goddness of the night.

[ Sorry for the wait! Just wrapping this up. Abba gave me permission to say Res followed Hellena <3]

bg - table

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-12-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-20-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Hellena - 11-07-2013, 10:35 PM