the Rift

[OPEN] Silverflames [BIRTH]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Catch your dreams before they slip away
We hung around the Edge, desperately waiting for a soul to welcome us. With our child's day of birth on the horizon, we needed a place for them to live life in the safety of a herd. With Dezba at her side, I allowed Delinne to mill off, touching her shoulder gently. "I'll be right back, love. I just want to make sure there's no one over there. Call me if you need anything, I'll only be a stride away." I parted our flesh, swinging around and heading in the opposing direction.

I glanced back once or twice, a little nervous as I watched Delinne's rump disappear in the mist. I turned back, quickening my pace. I strode with grace, weaving through the trees. I nickered, hoping there would be a response. I waited in silence for a few moments, fiery eyes sweeping over the misty forest. All was silent, until.

"AAAAZZARON!"

I jumped, startled by her scream. I knew that it was Delinne, but her once melodic tone had turned into a screech. I raced through the trees, desperately searching for Delinne. I saw a large black mound through the mist, its outline faint. But I knew it was Delinne, there was no doubt. I swore under my breath, desperate to reach her.

I skidded to a halt, finally her body came into view. She was on her side, gasping and panting. I frowned, reaching her side. She had wailed before I had reached her, but I hadn't caught what she had said. She was probably screaming at the foal, begging it to come out. I touched my nose to her sweaty side, speaking in a stern tone. "Just push darling, it'll all be over in a minute." But minutes passed, and there was no progression. "Delinne, are you pushing?" I asked her, checking for any sign of the foal. It was then I heard the beating of wings.

In desperation, I wished that it was one of the Edge members, here to help us. But much to my dismay, it was strange, dragon-like creatures. They were almost like vultures, but with scales to replace their feathers. I watched as they began to swoop down, probably hoping to nab at our foal, or Dezba. Snorting, I let out a roar. Why did everything have to go wrong for us?! I reared up, swinging my hooves and snapping my jaws at any of the birds that flew near. "Don't worry love, just keep pushing. Don't pay attention to them, just push." I glanced at Delinne before shooting upwards, meeting the bird things in the sky. I snapped at them, struggling to bite one. I swooped down, landing briefly to look at Delinne, making sure she was alright before. swinging back up into the sky. I charged, trying to slap and bite and kick whatever I could.

"Azzaron being pissed off."

ooc: @[Delinne]
word count: 478
Credits
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Delinne - 09-09-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by NPC - 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Azzaron - 09-10-2013, 06:03 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Circuta - 09-10-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Delinne - 09-11-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by NPC - 09-11-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Azzaron - 09-15-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Circuta - 09-15-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Delinne - 09-16-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Mirage - 09-16-2013, 07:02 PM