the Rift

[OPEN] Silverflames [BIRTH]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

I emerge a shadow from the mist, stepping delicately into a delicate scene and frowning at the misfit gathering of those who don't belong. Kali had flown ahead of me, sending back snippets of images and sounds, filling in the blanks with Akaith's explanations. And so it was I did not stumble blindly into the mess of childbirth and tears, but joined the crowd with a semblance of knowledge as to what the hell was going on.

Although at that point, did anyone really know?

I slide up to my sister's side, being careful to keep a distance from her coat of golden scales. I don't mind Mirage's dragon form - I find it fairly enchanting, really, though I prefer my little shadow sister - but I have found that scales tend to snag uncomfortably on my mane and tail, and I'd rather not lose any more hair. Height drawn to the fullest, black eyes still and bright, I let my gaze wash over the small family and think, realizing dimly that I must appear frightening. As usual. The imposing stance is one I have taken to assuming around strangers, and it does not need to be known to them that it's adopted more out of insecurity than a misplaced sense of self-importance, but still- I am somewhat tired of scaring people. As though on cue, Kali leaves her brittle branch, spiraling down to land upon my haunches in all her predatory glory. Sigh.

Mother and babe look the pitiful pair, and I catch the tail end of the unicorn's story. It is enough to pull on even the stoniest of heartstrings, and I can feel a disgusting bubble of pity welling up in my own chest, but something sets me on edge. I cannot shake the worry that this mare's former ties will come to bite us in the ass, not to mention the apparent conflict between the fiery stallion and our sister herd. I glance at Mirage, wondering what she's thinking- probably the same, with much more room for acceptance and second chances and other aspects of kindness that I so obviously lack. Will she let them into our family, give them the opportunity to grow amongst us?

Do I want her to?

Is it my place to say anything on the matter?

Fuck.

"Sister; perhaps I can offer an opinion." Dark tones are controlled, with a glitter of what I hope sounds like sympathy. My eyes do not leave the family of four. Upon my back, Kali rumbles quiet support. "I have heard some of your tale from Kali; it seems your family has suffered greatly." I glance between them, expression a placid mask that hides the surgical precision with which I chose my words. "And I would offer you refuge upon our borders. However... your plight with our allies cannot be ignored, as with your prior ties to our foes."

Stern lines in the supple tone, a splash of danger beneath my voice- your actions are not taken lightly. And I do not like you. Don't like anyone, Kali teases helpfully, and I mentally bat her away like an annoying fly. Back to business. "I would offer you a season to live within our borders, not more or less; recover from your birth, and if in that time you can regain the trust of Kri, then I personally shall welcome you into our family." I glance at Mirage, hoping I have not stepped on my sister's toes and not particularly caring if I have- my little shadow is a marshmallow at heart, and sometimes she needs help making hard decisions, even if she does not realize it all the time.

Messages In This Thread
Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Delinne - 09-09-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by NPC - 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Azzaron - 09-10-2013, 06:03 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Circuta - 09-10-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Delinne - 09-11-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by NPC - 09-11-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Azzaron - 09-15-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Circuta - 09-15-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Delinne - 09-16-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Mirage - 09-16-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Silverflames [BIRTH] - by Azzaron - 09-16-2013, 07:26 PM