the Rift

[PRIVATE] High Dive into Frozen Waves [Kaj]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj</style>

everything on the earth has a purpose...

every disease an herb to cure it...

and every person a mission

They had won.

Won, but he had escaped unscathed. It was not for lack of appearing, for he had sought out an opponent the entire battle. Resplendence of all had fought! He had nearly burst with pride, only to deflate into somber moroseness after the war was waged and the medals pinned to the lapels of his brethren's jackets. He should not have been the one undamaged. He should have worn the scars and wounds of those too innocent to have bravely gone into battle with so little experience backing them. Why had they cowered away from him? Why had they sought to destroy the flickering embers, instead of daring to be true and honest and approach the vibrant, powerful flame? Why target the citizens that did not deserve it, and run with tail between hock from the sight of one who could actually defend his home?

It disgusted him, angered him.

...made him feel useless.

All those who had been left battered and broken, bereft, and he- their WingLeader damn it!- was not once faced in the duration of the battle. It broke his spirit, and once things had calmed and his duties were done, released for the day, he exploded from the tops of the boughs of the Edge and pushed his body to its limits of speed and stamina as he fled from the home he loved so dearly and yet had been unable to protect.

Worthless.

He was unable to keep his promise.

The grove was a haven for many, though more than just lovers had ventured beneath its shaded willows, waded through its sparkling sapphire waters, drank in the scents of the sweet flowers that colored the shoreline. He had never been, but the calming serenity of the land drew him down, down, down in a spiral of long wings and quiet breaths. Pale baby blues were sad, contemplative, as umber stockings touched the earth. Hardly a kiss, a breath, with how he had punished his muscles into landing silently. Such a strain. He deserved the sore ache, for all he had missed out on, for all those who had taken the blow meant for his skin.

A drink, he decided, lungs protesting from pushing himself so harshly. Instinctively he recalled the lay of the land he'd viewed from above, large frame moving with a startlingly quiet aspect. Only for him to find the shore was already occupied by a petite doll of porcelain and untouched henna. Clearing his throat softly, he stepped forward into the glow of the fireflies, feeling large and intrusive with someone so small and fragile in his midst. "My apologies, miss. I did not intend to disrupt you. If you would like, I can depart...?" Stepping to the side as he advanced so as not to come from behind her like some sort of predator. A smile slowly but surely warmed upon his features, pushing the malignant feelings behind a barrier inside his mind, genuine interest shining upon his visage.

"I'm dreadfully sorry, I normally have better mannerisms, miss. My name is Kaj, WingLeader of the World's Edge. May I inquire as to yours?" Quietly his deep velvet voice wrapped around the two of them, soothing despite it not being his conscious intention to calm or comfort her. He must be rather out of it, to be so disrespectful and forgetful of his manners. Pausing in his long stride he blinked down at her with that same golden boy smile, shuffling his wings close so as not to intimidate her, already a habit from being around Resplendence. It truly was a beautiful night, the fireflies only basking them in their topaz glow, spring still warm in the night, and a possibility at friendship on the horizon.

Credit

Messages In This Thread
High Dive into Frozen Waves [Kaj] - by Yuri - 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: High Dive into Frozen Waves [Kaj] - by Kaj - 09-13-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: High Dive into Frozen Waves [Kaj] - by Yuri - 09-13-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: High Dive into Frozen Waves [Kaj] - by Kaj - 09-24-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: High Dive into Frozen Waves [Kaj] - by Yuri - 09-25-2013, 03:23 PM
RE: High Dive into Frozen Waves [Kaj] - by Kaj - 09-28-2013, 03:19 PM