the Rift

dreamlessness——

Rinoah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The first you hear of the girl is distant movement, a sense in and of itself that sets your heart on edge, catches your breath within your throat, svelte muscles tensing uneasily beneath the thin layer of baby-skin. Amber eyes blink slowly, focusing on the darkness as it waxes and wanes, the instinct to run rampant within your veins, though your fear is an anchor, rooting you to the very spot. "I'm over here if you're wondering." You breathe a single breath, head snapping in the direction of the feminine voice, curiosity dousing your terror for just a fraction of a second, long enough for you to relinquish the idea of monsters with sharp teeth and glowing eyes, claws meant only to tear into your supple flesh. If Ama had taught you one thing, it was to always be on your toes, to never question the way it felt when your instincts told you to run. She had told you that it would keep you safe; if you always ran away from trouble, how would it ever find you? You, of course, couldn't help but to be defiant, to question why you would ever need to run so long as you had her.

She materializes like a ghost threaded from nothing but dust and starlight before your very eyes, almost as small and frail as you, but not quite. She gasps and you shift uneasily, eyes darting away from her face chiseled of marble and marred with maps to a better time; for the moment that you had caught her eye you could not see the reason behind running, but that does not quell the overwhelming suspicions within you, only just enough to make you stay. She speaks, her voice lilting, lingering between the sound of quaking aspen and riversong, and not quite like you have ever heard before. And still, despite her questions you remain impassive, lips folding into a single, stoic line.

"something out there? Is it bothering you? I am Iosui, by the way, yet feel free to call me Io." Before you even have the chance to tell her no, she comes closer, the corners of your eyes growing jagged with discomfort. She smiles and you force one, too, though awkward and ungainly. 'Ama.' You state plainly, looking up at her through long, long lashes as if there should be no question as to who you are speaking of, waiting for; 'Ama is missing.' Another rumble sounds within your stomach and you wince, ears falling backwards in discomfort. In truth you had had no idea how long it had been since you had become a wallflower, waiting for the sun as others went, every one of them as unfamiliar as the last.

'And it feels like it's been forever that I've been here.'

ickkk.

Messages In This Thread
dreamlessness—— - by Rinoah - 09-11-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: dreamlessness—— - by Iosui - 09-11-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: dreamlessness—— - by Rinoah - 09-13-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: dreamlessness—— - by Déodat - 09-22-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: dreamlessness—— - by Rinoah - 09-23-2013, 06:36 PM