the Rift

[OPEN] Charted Polaris [Artemis]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying because he was whispering, but I already had the hunch that he like-liked the grey mare before I even asked if they were in love. He didn't look at her the way daddy looked at you, but that's what it reminded me of. It was something new, I had decided. By the time he answered my question Bear had already come to stand next to me and was snuffling my legs and wings to make sure that I was in one piece. I shoved him with my wing so he would take it that I was fine, and he did and took a few steps forward to investigate. I'm sure you knew, of course. You knew everything before I even told you because of Bear.

"Well that's a shame." I said when they both denied that they were in love. "You're handsome, y'know." I said pointedly, my black and gold face tilted toward him. Of course I thought the mare was kinda pretty, too, but why would I say another girl was pretty? I was just learning about vanity at that point in my childhood, and besides she'd already distracted me by trying to dismiss me by telling me to run along to you, Momma.

How rude.

I snorted and puffed out my small chest and I'm sure my wings even puffed up to make me look bigger. "Momma is busy running a herd." I said to her. "And she knows where I am, anyways 'cause of Bear." I nodded toward him. "She sees everything he sees. That's how she knows." My tail waggled and Bear snuffled again, pretending to be uninterested in the conversation going on, but I knew better.

Looking back I probably shouldn't have said as much as I did, but I didn't like being dismissed. I was a lady. I was growing up and I didn't want to be treated like a child. But those notions were fleeting in my mind and I was soon listening quietly to them again before jostling my way forward and ignoring Bear who was trying to lead me away, probably so he could drop me off so he could return to spy for you, Momma.

"Hey, do you guys wanna play a game?" It was about that point when I realized that I still had not properly introduced myself. Daddy would have been disappointed in that. "Oh! And my name's Ranjiri, nice to meet ya both."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Tharos - 09-12-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Artemis - 09-12-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Artemis - 09-12-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Ranjiri - 09-12-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Tharos - 09-12-2013, 01:26 PM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Ranjiri - 09-12-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Tharos - 09-18-2013, 11:45 AM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Artemis - 09-18-2013, 02:13 PM