the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Return [Mirage]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The girl spoke, and Mirage listened intently. There was a cloud of guilt hovering over her, a great sense of sadness that she was ignoring those who called themselves WeyrFolk, those who made up the mass of numbers of the more common ranks, the ranks that were often always unappreciated. What could she do to rectify this situation of overlooking all those who made up the lower ranks of her herd?

Or, who, evidently, used to make up these ranks.

The emotion Antheia showed as she spoke led Mirage to believe that she genuinely felt remorse for her decision to leave the Edge, the Qian. No laws were ever set with regards to leaving - it was not a prison, but similarly it was not something you simply picked up and dropped without thought. Antheia would not be welcomed back to the Qian, for clearly she did not understand the fundamental qualities that made the Qian what it is - a family, a herd, a group of souls who were sworn to protect one another at all costs.

"Thank you for speaking to me." The quiet voice of the WeyrLeader began, the emotion upon her slightly dished façade heavily guarded behind a veil of indifference. "I do not.. understand what it is that led you to this decision, and I am sorry to hear that you feel this way." She spoke again, chewing each word over before delivering it. "You have abandoned your family, and all that it stands for." The mare's voice sharpened slightly. Mirage was weary, battle-worn and somewhat on edge - it was probably not the best time to speak to her about alliances and second chances. At the same time, the mare could understand a wanderer's desire to not be strung out by restrictions placed by family ties. A deep sigh filled her lungs, and as it vacated, she spoke for a last time.

"Why didn't you come to us, who were your family, when you were going through this trial that has changed your heart so?" Why didn't you call for me earlier? I would have come, always, for my own kin.. of which you are not counted to any longer.

@[Antheia]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
I Return [Mirage] - by Antheia - 09-13-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: I Return [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-16-2013, 04:08 AM
RE: I Return [Mirage] - by Antheia - 09-20-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: I Return [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-25-2013, 07:04 AM