the Rift

What lies in my Path

Jade Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The light chestnut mare flew through the sky. The warm sun shined its liquid golden rays upon her back, warming her. There wasn't a cloud to be seen, and the sky was a clear crystal blue color. The air buffeted underneath her wings, and her long chestnut forelock blew into her light green eyes. She winced as one of the sore muscles in her wings disagreed with her. She had been flying a lot for the past few days, and was starting to quickly tire. She hadn't wanted to come to the ground yet, and she was new to this land. She wasn't even sure who lived here, or if this was a herd's territory. She had left her family's herd group as 2 year old, and had been an outcast ever since. Wandering alone. Every once in a while she would run into someone, but not stay for long. Never a permanent home. Not she minded being outcast. She was a quiet creature; a listener. She always went by the thought that one always gained more information by listening, not by speaking. But even she was getting lonely now. She longed for company, to see other pegasi like herself, or even other equines.

The land below her was a full and luscious forest. She could see from this aerial view the streams that ran below her. Finally, she made up her mind, and tucked her wings in close to her sides, banking sharply. The wind howled in her ears, and she felt adrenaline pumping into her veins. Her small light brown hooves landed neatly on the soft ground, and she snorted in exhilaration. Her eyed her surroundings warily. There were trees all around her, and the grass was slightly muddy around her hooves. She breathed in, and the crisp scent of this new land filled her nostrils. She wondered if there were anyone around here. She walked quietly through the forest; trees surrounding her on both sides, casting long shadows across her path. She let out a soft nicker, wondering, hoping if anyone could hear her. But her small voice was whipped away in the small breeze that surrounded her, rustling the leaves.

Word count: 364

Messages In This Thread
What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-13-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Apollo - 09-15-2013, 05:58 AM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-15-2013, 07:53 AM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-16-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Apollo - 09-17-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-18-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-20-2013, 10:17 PM