the Rift

What lies in my Path

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Busy was perhaps not the correct word to use.

Perhaps it was more befitting of an actual phrase, such as 'torn in all directions at once'. That nearly summed up how Apollo was feeling on that particular day, yet another day that was spent drenched in darkness. A deep breath expelled from the stallion's throat, head shaking as he paced his way evenly through the thick forests of the Threshold. His visits to this region had been more and more frequent as of late. Spending his time searching for lost souls who were looking for a home, for a place to belong... A place to feel safe.

Apollo was beginning to feel as though duty demanded that he be in multiple places at once, a feat that was physically impossible. Recruit new members into the herd, watch over the Foothills alongside Ktulu, patrol their herd borders, protect their members... Granted, he didn't really need to do that last bit, as nearly everyone in the Foothills was more than capable to handle themselves in any situation. It used to be requirement that such knowledge let someone into the Grey, but now... Apollo gave another snort. Now, he didn't know what was requirement.

Things were bleak in these black times, indeed... And he was struggling to find ways to make it better. Of course, the black and white overo did nothing to allow his family members in the Grey to see his uncertainty. Around them he continued to be warm, kind, jovial... Yet certainly a few of them had noticed his change in behavior. It came with stress, you see... Stress and uncertainty, with a pinch of fear.

In darkness' shadow the stallion traversed, one hoof at a time, honey-brown eyes lingering for anyone who may be around. Dipping his head respectfully beneath a low branch from a tree, the Merciful continued his survey, and it wasn't long into his venture that voices carried through the dark sky. Female, from the sound of them, a nicker and then a voice... Apollo's head tilted to the side, his gait pausing momentarily. Nothing about the vocals seemed dangerous or threatening, but simply yearning and sweet.

Lifting his head high, crystalline horn pointed to the dark heavens, Apollo continued on his vigil. Stepping through the trees, his tail lashed once to the right as his eyes rested upon two forms; one a clear grey, the other a vivid chestnut. The Chief called out a greeting to them in the form of a warm nicker, then spoke.

"Greetings, ladies," Apollo murmured softly, kindly, eyes sizing up the two winged mares, "Welcome to Helovia. I am Apollo." A boyish grin tugged at his lips, upturning the corners slightly and he tossed his head, pointing his horn towards the sky. "I'm afraid this isn't the best of times to have wandered into this land, due to the darkness... Is there anything I can do for either of you?"

[ooc: To mirror Apollo, welcome to Helovia! In case you are both unaware, there is a Side-Wide Plot going on where Darkness has descended upon Helovia, due to a rift in Time that the Gods are trying to fix. There is no sun, but the moon is about with stars in the sky, and there are glowing 'lantern-trees' to help the residents of the land see where they are going. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! :D]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-13-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Apollo - 09-15-2013, 05:58 AM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-15-2013, 07:53 AM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-16-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Apollo - 09-17-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-18-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-20-2013, 10:17 PM