the Rift

What lies in my Path

Cadence Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Cadence gazed at the paint as he explained, perplexed. Wow, they had it
bad here. And yet they stayed. The creatures here must really love it. The grey mare's wings shivered at the explanation, but in addition had a greater reason to react. A possible home. Sure, Cadence's mind automatically shouted at her, this is not a threatening land. If it looks safe, it is. But those assumptions had not gotten her anywhere in her life. Think. This was the moment to decide. Yes, it was safe. No one was going to reject her. And then there was that mention of "the Basin." Although her instincts murmured quietly that she should be resentful of all beings residing in the Basin, something in the sweet little Cadence's mind told her otherwise. Maybe they were nice, maybe her curiosity was correct. All these things spun around inside the skull of the shy Cadence, who actually wasn't normally that shy. Okay, so she was accepting the offer for the Foothills. What happens, shall happen.

Cadence looked up. "I thank you for the explanation. And I am very grateful of the offer to come to the... Foothills, you called them? Yes, I do believe I accept. Once again, my thanks to your hospitality." The brave young mare sighed in contentment and her ears pricked forward, waiting for the paint to somehow signal what to do next. She glanced at the other mare, who seemed (to Cadence) to have a far easier time deciding on whether or not it was safe to accept residential help in this broken new world. Yes, this horned creature had an element of kindness, but there was always a bad apple in the vicinity, it seemed like. And now, the natives seemed more to themselves. They didn't rush out to "put a roof over your head" every time you came wandering along. It was all you if you wanted to live. Every equine for himself.

The world of Helovia seemed like a very tricky place.

Then, Cadence saw light rise through the corner of her eye. As she turned, her breath caught and she went in reverse for a moment. Light. Sun. The land of Helovia was being visited by light for the first time in well, a long time from what the stallion had said. Like the poles on either side of this strange world, Helovia was greeting the sun after a long sleep under a black cloak. Beautiful.

[OOC: Oh and sorry for my horrible sense of humor, if anyone noticed. I have a similar question. I have viewed the Foothill's ranks, rules, etc. info and am still confused about the Foothill's procedure for new members of the herd. I understand that I should apply for a rank after two weeks of joining, but I don't want to make a mistake in asking to join the herd. I'm still new to all this. Thanks for all your help!

Messages In This Thread
What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-13-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Apollo - 09-15-2013, 05:58 AM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-15-2013, 07:53 AM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-16-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Apollo - 09-17-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-18-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-20-2013, 10:17 PM