the Rift

[OPEN] Sloshing (Amerilo Rose)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Night remains an ever present cloak, and for most of Throat’s warriors it isn’t the end of a day but the beginning of another. Tonight was going to be especially drudge; afternoon showers had turned into evening showers, which had turned into midnight showers—and I should mention that it was showing no sign of letting up. Squishing through the soft red sand I was grateful for the quiet at least, I took it as an omen that tonight would be a fair patrol. Cera, and our companions where all back home; dryer than me and resting peacefully beneath the shadows of the old magnolia tree.

Water slicks my hide, its chilling fingers slip down my sides and puddles below in a sloshing mess— I’ve learned that no amount of running would lessen its effect. So I walk. Watching along the wall for hints of trouble; though I expected to find none. Trouble seemed less inclined to be around when the skies cried their eyes out. Rain muffles my senses and water drips from my lashes, but this isn’t enough to mask any strangers who may be lingering just out of sight beyond the unfinished slab of stone that we took the liberty of calling a ‘wall’. Shadows dart here and there, I slosh peacefully along.

Watchful of my family, ears pointed and posed toward any unusual sound. We wouldn’t be taken unaware again. Guacho, Levi, Onni and others would be shifting in and out of patrols. Kri was likely near heaven’s fire, resting, healing.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Sloshing (Amerilo Rose) - by Midas - 09-13-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: Sloshing (Amerilo Rose) - by Amerilo Rose - 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: Sloshing (Amerilo Rose) - by Midas - 09-18-2013, 06:27 PM