the Rift

[OPEN] Our Dreams are Alive

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
It did not take long for Apollo to receive an answer to his rather melancholic question, but the words that Antheia uttered caused the stallion's head to snap upwards at attention. What? He had been expecting hate. Anticipating it, almost. For did Antheia not look beyond livid that day in the Foothills, when she had sought him out and had been turned away by Ktulu? Apollo wouldn't have been surprised if Antheia did hate him but this... This, he didn't know how to handle.

Antheia had cut herself off, seemingly unable to control the words that flowed from her mouth, but the shocked expression that the mare wore upon her face said it all. She... She what?

She loved him?

The stallion blanched. Never before had anyone spoken such words to him, aside from the love that Andreas had bestowed upon him. Yet they were blood, brother and sister, and their love was resolute with the boundaries of family running between them. And yet here, Antheia, admitted her love for him, and Apollo's mind was reeling. Was it... A love between friends? Did she love him like a sister? Or... Was it true, unabashed, heart-sickening love?

Who would love him? He was nothing special. A wanderer turned spy, turned medic, turned Chief, perhaps, but there was nothing special about him. He was not unexplainably beautiful like Phaedra or the massive number of mares who traipsed these lands, or incurably handsome like so many stalwart stallions that wandered Helovia. He was just... Apollo. And yet here Antheia was, admitting her love for him. How in the hell was he supposed to come back to that?

"I... Antheia, I..." His lips opened and closed, words fumbling, and the overo was certain he looked like a fool, lips flapping like an idiot and standing there with a flabbergasted look upon his face. What did he say? What was he supposed to say? That he loved her, too? The thought caused Apollo's head to jerk back and a hoof slid backwards in the sand, putting the smallest of distances between them. Did he?

No... No, I don't. The realization was both relieving and so terribly heartbreaking at once. Perhaps somewhere in his heart, Apollo did care for Antheia, but not as a lover. A friend, perhaps, or a distant relative, but nothing more. He simply didn't know her.

"I'm flattered, Antheia... I truly am, and I am so very grateful that you do not hate me." He paused, sucking in yet another breath. It was a good thing that the world had enough air to go around, or Apollo feared he'd be hoarding it all. "I don't really know what to say... I mean, I do care for you as well, but as a brother would care for a sister. I... I'm sorry."

@[Antheia]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Our Dreams are Alive - by Antheia - 09-14-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: Our Dreams are Alive - by Apollo - 09-15-2013, 06:25 AM
RE: Our Dreams are Alive - by Antheia - 09-21-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Our Dreams are Alive - by Apollo - 09-21-2013, 04:51 AM
RE: Our Dreams are Alive - by Antheia - 09-22-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: Our Dreams are Alive - by Apollo - 09-27-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Our Dreams are Alive - by Antheia - 10-06-2013, 02:34 PM