the Rift

[OPEN] Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
My name is Brisa, the other mare said and Kahlua racked her brain for the name. She was usually good at remember faces and names, but this one seemed to escape her. Still, the mare must be speaking true. Brisa knew her name, and that had not come from nowhere. Kahlua wished, in this moment, that she knew how to lie or that she was capable of crafting convincing tales. She wanted to say 'Oh, yes, I remember you now!' Unfortunately, she was not capable of such things. Lies out of Kahlua's mouth were as see-through as the air. “I don't, I'm afraid. But I'm glad to meet you again.”

As the mare went on to speak a few more times, Kahlua could not help but laugh kindly. “Of course you're not disturbing me,” she said kindly. If she was anything, Kahlua was a social butterfly. The happy company of others was always welcome in her midst. Unhappy company was another story, but as far as Kahlua could tell this white mare had good intentions. “It's nice to have company in all the darkness and shadows. As for the stones... they're not everywhere...” she trailed off a moment, furrowing her brow in thought. Thinking was not always an easy task for the painted mare. Her dancing tones and happy demeanor were quick to return, though. “I happened upon this pool by accident a few days past. I've only seen colored stones in one other location... Helovia's Heart.” Thoughts of the other place made her shake her head slightly. Too much had happened there for her to wish to return.

Realizing that digging about in the cool waters was chilling her joints, Kahlua grabbed one more pile of stones from the waters' bottom before stepping out of the pond onto dry land. As she continued sorting the stones into ones she thought were pretty or not, she chattered on to her new companion, her dancing tones filling the dark surroundings. “If we met, you call the Edge home then?” She looked to the mare for conformation before continuing on. “I hope you'll come to love it as much as I have over these past seasons. I've found purpose in the Edge, and a family I can count on. Mirage gives us a good home.” She closed her eyes for a moment, reveling in the love that she felt for her home. It was not often the mare felt an emotion as complex as love, but the atmosphere of the Edge had done much for her soul.

@[Brisa]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 09-14-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 09-21-2013, 06:45 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 09-21-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 09-22-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 09-22-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 09-22-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 09-23-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 10-01-2013, 02:21 AM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 10-03-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 10-07-2013, 11:38 PM