the Rift

[PRIVATE] Is this a dagger which I see before me, the handle toward my hand?

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The throes of perdition may well be preferable to the shade's emotions as they roiled turbulently beneath the surface. Never before had she been so close to throwing off the mask of strength and fortitude in favor of the shattered fragments of her soul; but then she had never been quite so broken, so defeated. A small part of her wanted nothing more than to kick and scream and fight the blame that Ulrik placed upon her, but the mental tantrum did not rise past her lips, deadened as they were by shock and pain. Again she felt the need to defend herself, for would he not feel as she did if he had lost his most prized possession?

She wondered, then, when she had begun to feel.

But words would not come, and she merely shook her head, a look of disgust etched in the lines of her face. He was a coward, a gutless worm. She may have failed in combat, that was true, but she had not abandoned her kin in their time of need. Despite his arguments to the contrary, she had led them to greatness. Were they not the largest clan in Helovia? Did they not boast some of the most powerful magics in the land? They had not won their battles, that was true enough - but did that have to mean that they had lost the war? She had not led them to that battlefield to die, and they had lost no one save Faelene (who hadn't even been there, after all). No, she was not the evildoer here; she was the wronged party, and perhaps one day she would teach Ulrik as much.

But not today.

"It seems to me," she observed cooly following the engineer's tirade, "that you have lost with and without me. Why should I hold the blame for your failures?" It was a rhetorical question, though she fully expected a retort; Ulrik was determined not to allow her the last word, and she hadn't the energy to spare on his stupidity. Again she returned her attention to her General, who had remained largely silent (as ever) throughout the conversation. "I hope they will continue to be," she replied to his declaration of intent. "Now, if you'll excuse me..." With one last glare at Ulrik, she turned and walked away.

[OOC | Psyche out. She has given up her leadership of the Basin, which is now left to Ulrik and Deimos to sort out.]

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this a dagger which I see before me, the handle toward my hand? - by Psyche - 09-25-2013, 01:03 PM