the Rift

return from exile
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia watched him carefully as he asked why they would not warm up to him. Was he dense, lacking in self-esteem, or did he just want to hear her compliments? Maybe he was just shy? Still, he seemed far too confident to be shy. Either way, he had asked and she would answer. "You are obviously strong, capable and thoughtful. I would imagine those qualities would be an asset to a herd." The tone of her voice was genuine, though her eyes gazed at him with slight suspicion. She did not have any interest in feeding his ego.

She had to find her daughter alone. Torleik had responsibilities too, right? Did he just forget those? Ophelia explained, but his cooler demeanor which met her in two words made her stiffen. So, did he only want something from her then? Now that she was pulling away, was the chase gone? Did he realize that she would not be an easy target to charm? Somehow, even though all of those questions were sensible, they did not seem to fit Torleik.

He had been open and kind up until now. Why could he not just accept that this stranger he just met had things to do? Things that he could not help with? Her trust was not easily given and was difficult to earn. Still, as he gazed at her, she pressed her muzzle to his cheek in a polite and kind 'goodbye', and she received no response. That... stung. He said nothing, did nothing. In fact, she could almost feel his irritation, and a slight brush with his mind told her that he was!

Hurt flashed briefly over her dual colored eyes before she schooled her features to emptiness. Stiffly, she recoiled and walked forward without a word. Rebuffed, Ophelia did not look back as she left, wondering how their pleasant conversation had gone so sour. With a frown, she thought that she should be less open with strangers, especially if they wanted something from her that she could not give. Why was no one just willing to support her as she made her own choices? The pale princess walked through the snow and pushed on through the night, getting far away from the dark prince.

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-22-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 10-09-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 11-13-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 11-22-2013, 03:40 PM