the Rift

When Steps Become Miles [OPEN]

Zulu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Her heart filled with a sudden anxiousness, sending a dull shock of discomfort through her muscles. Her step quickened from a fast paced walk to a steady trot. Once quiet sounds were now like echoes to her ears; the pitter-patter of wings of startled birds taking off behind this tree and that one were like bellows, constantly causing her to flinch, jump, and dodge. A rush of air hurried from her lungs in a snort, Where am I going?

She felt the need to hurry, though her destination was unknown. She felt the need to remain unseen. Unheard. Yet the ever constant sound of cracks and snaps of fallen leaves underneath her trotting hooves was a signal to any nearby being that she was indeed present.

Two amber eyes lifted and squinted towards the heavens. The crisp blue of a mid-day sky was now fading. Bright white clouds were quickly losing their glow as the sun began to retreat. It's getting late, and I have no clue where I am. The woods were spooky to her already, but bright sunshine peaking through the treetops was of some comfort. And now, that was fading.

Zulu was always an impulsive creature, but the mare had really done it now. Headstrong and naive, she would be the one to take off from home on a self-imposed journey to find new adventures. A new home. As brave and confident as the mare was she began to question her decision. She had been traveling these woods since the break of dawn and there was no sign of it's end.

A single slate hoof met a muddy puddle. Her foot sank, and it let out a horrible, shouting thunk. She spooked, she gasped, and she took off into a canter, flying through the woods and dodging a low branch there and a log here. Sweat began to bead and collect on her hide, her breath became frantic. Calm down... calm down. She sat back into her haunches, front legs like anchors dug into the ground. Zulu came to a sudden halt, taking air in deep to catch her breath and collect her thoughts. Amber eyes darted to and fro, observing her location. A clearing in the woods. Now where do I go? With a bowed head, the mare took in any scent hovering above the ground. For a second, she began to wonder if she was alone... or perhaps there was company near by.

ooc;; Eep, I've not rp'd in a while. Open to anyone.

Messages In This Thread
When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Zulu - 09-15-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-15-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-15-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Zulu - 09-16-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-19-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Artemis - 09-20-2013, 03:24 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Artemis - 09-23-2013, 04:30 AM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Artemis - 09-26-2013, 04:58 AM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Zulu - 09-22-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-22-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Zulu - 09-24-2013, 09:27 PM