the Rift

When Steps Become Miles [OPEN]

Zulu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The woods were alive with active sounds, each seemingly blaring as the mare stood there in anxiety. The fluttering of bird wings and their songs. The buzz of
insects, aggravating little things, dancing around her face and body. She shook her neck, mane flinging to and fro in an attempt to shoo the insect nuisances away. Even the sound of the wind passing through the leaves and branches of the trees were all too noticeable. But there was something else.

A single ear flung itself to the side, listening. Was there something else there nearby? Perhaps it was simply the mare becoming more and more worrisome as exhaustion set upon her. A mind trick. Like a black wave her tail flicked around her hind in wary wonder. Another sound. Her haunches turned and she faced the disturbance. Amber eyes widened, nose flaring. Muscles rippled, warming, prepared to take off in a flat gallop.

There was indeed something there. Or someone, rather. She emerged from the shadows; a painted lady of a filly. The white off her hide seemed to almost glow in the surrounding darkness. This was far from what the mare had expected to lurk within these woods.

Zulu's eyes once again became soft. She dipped her head below her whither and let out a breath, releasing the anxiety and worry from her body. Her ears perked forward, "Oh, hello- greetings!
M' name's Zulu..."
She was pleasantly surprised and massively relieved.

"I... I supposed I'm a little lost. Zulu let out short, silly little chuckle then paused and cocked her head gently to the side. "Do you know where I... where we are? I was traveling and found myself here. I'm afraid I don't know where else to go now."

She hoped, she prayed, that this polite filly could shed some light on her location.

ooc;; apologies; I missed reading the Endless Night plot.

Messages In This Thread
When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Zulu - 09-15-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-15-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-15-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Zulu - 09-16-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-19-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Artemis - 09-20-2013, 03:24 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Artemis - 09-23-2013, 04:30 AM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Artemis - 09-26-2013, 04:58 AM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Zulu - 09-22-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-22-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Zulu - 09-24-2013, 09:27 PM