the Rift

When Steps Become Miles [OPEN]

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Quote Quote Quote</style>

The threshold. This damned dark, sirty place. She was begining to really hate it. This place had become like a second home to the mare. Back and forth, back and forth, desperate to bring in new members for her small family. More often than not, she failed yet she did not give in. Artemis was somewhat lacking in charm or charisma, and struggled to portray the happy, peppy mare so often preferred in this dismal land or perpetual darkness, yet she was learning. He smile was often forced and her mannerisms far too polite yet she was slowly becoming more accustomed to the strange ways of others. In her old home, she had been a recluse, but for her very mother, and when she did meet horses she was taught to avoid gaze or be kicked bloody. It was a brutish place, and slowly, but surely, her homesickness faded. She no longer missed the North, nor the angry horses. No, Helovia was home.

She sighed, tugging through draping vines that tangled her mane and slung haphazardly in her path. She muttered insults under her breath directed toward the foliage. The vines seemed only to thicken with her words and, angered by not only the greenery but filled with frustration at herself, she slashed at the vines with her horn. They tore, breaking away under her spiral dagger and she plunged through once they had been weakened. About blood time, she though to herself with a satisfied flick of her tail, which served only to splatter mud upon her haunches. Groaning, she glared at her tail, before her ears caught a foreign sound.

It was no part of the forest and her head raised, audits twisting and turning to better hear. The voice sounded somehow familiar and slowly, cautiously, she made her way toward it. As she slinked out of the shadows, she caught sight of a young painted horse. She was sure she had seen her here before, but maybe she was mistaken? She smiled, raising her proud neck and glancing toward the newcomer. She was a brown, striped creature who stood shorter than the titan but had delicate, pretty features. "Greetings. My name is Artemis. I do hope I am not interrupting?" She asked. Of course she was. The painted mare was the same as Artemis; trying to pick up strays from the darkness. The difference was, Artemis could take her into the light, into her herd where bright trees illuminated the pathways. Harmony's path brought only gloom. "I come from the Foothills, a herd not too far from here. No doubt...." She paused, not knowing the youngsters name. "My lady here tells you of Helovia? I offer you a home, if you wish for it."

Think
"Speak "
Tagged:@[Artemis]
Words:
Notes:

Image Credits
Coded by Stephy
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Zulu - 09-15-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-15-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: When Steps Become Miles [OPEN] - by Harmony - 09-15-2013, 09:13 PM