the Rift

[PRIVATE] what was right is wrong [apollo]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
"What ails me you would be unable to fix."

A deep rooted fear unlike few he had ever felt slowly crept into his breast, curling within his blood and freezing it, causing his breath to hitch with genuine fear. What was Ktulu talking about? His magic could heal almost any wound. This had been proven when he and Midas had helped the ancient stag's daughter in the Heavenly Fields oh so many seasons ago. The young jackelope had been dying, poisoned... And yet they had saved him.

"... Ktulu?" The question was soft, barely there, simply a yearning to know just what was going on. Apollo knew that there was more to what the Constrictor was telling him the moment that she and Eytan seemed to speak within themselves, and the chocolate grizzly trudged begrudgingly away to allow them to speak alone. Apollo's eyes followed after Eytan for the briefest of moments before snapping back to Ktulu and giving her his full attention. Just as he went to ask, in finer detail, just what truly was going on, she spoke. And what Ktulu revealed was something that Apollo never thought he would hear.

Ever patient, however, Apollo listened. He remained quiet and respectful as Ktulu divulged to him her pains, her aches, her self-depreciating thoughts and self-proclaimed 'failures'. It was unnerving, honestly, to hear such words coming from his strong leader... For even though they led side by side, Apollo would always look to Ktulu for guidance. The overo listened as Ktulu spoke of the formation of the Grey, and what it had meant, and how along the way, the meaning behind the Grey had become muddled and distorted, lost amongst the normalcy of herd-life. Yes, he knew what the Grey was... He had bled for them. Fought for them. Seen them crumble from the glory that they were.

A breath, long and saddening finally pushed itself from his lungs, but never once did Apollo's soulful eyes leave Ktulu's remarkable crimson. He had not heard of Donovan's death until just now, and the news was heartbreaking. So much sadness and regret was laced in Ktulu's vocals, and Apollo wished that he could do something, anything to help rid her of her pain. Yet... She had been right; this was no wound that he could heal with his magic.

"I desire to remain your friend if you will have me. If you ever need me I will help you." Those words meant more to Apollo than Ktulu was probably aware of. Through his journeys in Helovia, he had met many individuals, both honest and decietful, but only had a small number of friends. To think that Ktulu considered him a friend, well... It was humbling.

Yet her words were hard to hear, and even harder to accept.

"Ktulu... I.... I don't know what to say," he began, honestly at a loss for words and struggling to grasp hold of them, "I don't know what I can say. Not to make you stay, but to make you understand. If... If your heart does not lay here, then I will not ask for you to stay." Apollo paused, head tilting slightly in thought. "Everything that you have told me will take some time to sink in, I think, and I... I regret having to lose you."

Fears bubbled up, questions and yet more uncertainties stacking them upon one another in his mind. What would they do now? What would become of the Foothills herd now that they were losing Ktulu? They had struggled upon the loss of Ophelia, and now... Would they survive it? They were already weak and vulnerable. Apollo released yet another exhale, then continued speaking. Was he capable of leading a herd alone? Apollo didn't know if he knew, or liked, the answer.

"You are no disappointment. You gave me what I had always wanted, and that was a family. I am grateful to you, Ktulu, forever and for always for what you have given me." Apollo hesitated, sucked in a breath, and went on. "I only hope for your happiness, because honestly, I believe that you deserve it. As I am to you, you will always be my friend as well, Ktulu."

"I have seen this herd thrive with my own two eyes, but you are correct that it is losing itself. I fear that soon... Soon the Foothills will no longer be home to any of us. Should that ever happen, I will seek you out. For now... I want to wish you the best, Ktulu." The stallion took a step forward then, his muzzle outstretched to brush tenderly against the Constrictor's own. Their friendship was perhaps an odd one, but Apollo found that he understood Ktulu in ways that he understood no one else. "I will remain and try and pick up what is left of this herd... I will stay until I no longer can."

Another breath, and when he sucked in, Apollo wished he could say that his throat didn't constrict. Yet it did, with painful emotion. "Promise me you will be well."

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Ktulu - 09-16-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [private] - by Apollo - 09-16-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Ktulu - 09-16-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Apollo - 09-16-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Lakota - 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Ktulu - 09-23-2013, 09:13 PM