Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Part of Ktulu wanted for Apollo to be angry with her for just giving up and leaving him with a herd on his shoulders. Leaving under those circumstances would have been much easier than a humbling and sorrowful goodbye, but Apollo was calm as he always was, understanding as she knew only he could be. She appreciated it, she really did. Still, part of her wanted him to yell at her and it was for her own selfish reasons that she wished for him to go completely against his character. Instead he spoke of his fears and Ktulu knew that she had bolstered those very fears in her own heart since first taking leadership. It was what had made her so paranoid of outsiders and living in paranoia was slowly killing her.

"You are strong, Apollo." The Constrictor whispered, her muzzle reaching out to touch Apollo's. "Strong in so many ways and yet you doubt yourself. Don't." It would be his downfall. The Merciful spoke again and when he asked her to promise that she would be well she sucked in a breath. Her weight shifted and she stepped forward, her muzzle leaving Apollo's as she moved her head so her cheek rested against his own. "I won't make a promise I can't keep." She answered back. Dark lids fluttered shut as tears threatened her eyes. Not many had shown such concern for her in her life and it made her grateful that she had befriended the Merciful.

Ktulu drew back when the steps of another sounded in the distance. She remained quiet as Lakota approached, already wondering if the poisoner had made her decision to follow or to stay. Her named needed only to be said and Ktulu knew the answer. She would be leaving the Foothills with only Eytan at her side. She steadied her expression, not allowing it to show that a knife had been driven through her already tattered heart. She listened, all the while her heart screaming and tearing at her chest, the mask threatening to crumble away and reveal just how broken the mare was.

"I understand." She said to Lakota, her voice quiet and her words careful. She wanted to scream at her and demand why she suddenly would change her mind. Had Lakota not promised multiple times before that she would follow whatever Ktulu's decision? Instead she lifted her head and watched as Lakota bowed. "Don't." Ktulu responded with a shake of her head, forcing down the bitterness that had surged within her breast only moments before. "You should bow to no one. Neither of you."

With that she turned. "Farewell." She murmured as her hooves carried her away from the two of her closest friends. Eytan gave Lakota one last desperate look and a quiet whine before he turned and followed after his bonded.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Ktulu - 09-16-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [private] - by Apollo - 09-16-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Ktulu - 09-16-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Apollo - 09-16-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Lakota - 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Ktulu - 09-23-2013, 09:13 PM