the Rift

[OPEN] Rings of Past Fatalities

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit
There was movement in the woods. Shadows, darkness, silver light from the Moon above, all convoluted, dancing, swirling, swaying, carved by the contours of the breeze that whispered through the thick trunks. Mists seemed to move of their own accord, not by the wind or the weather, their foggy touch breathed with a life of its own. The shapes it carved were the shapes of those who resided here, in the World's Edge, the lands had gifted us with the ability to become its very mists - an ability I embraced, and used quite often. My connection with the mists had always been deep, they obeyed my call, they followed me wherever I walked, they informed me of danger, of news, of change that occurred on our borders and lands, and now, they allowed me to travel as part of them, truly.

So I became one with the mists, and the tendrils of my nerves seemed to become a part of the lands themselves. There was no delay between their communication with me - I felt every footstep, saw every motion, comforted every member who was welcomed in the herd they called the Qian. And now - what was that? A newcomer, crossing the borders for the first time, being welcomed into the family that always seemed to be growing, expanding, gaining new blood, new ideas, new inspiration. I moved myself towards them, my ears forming atop my pewter crown just as a horn extends from my brow. I stand beyond the reach of the WingLeader and this new mare, a few strides away, my form seemingly built by the foggy foundations of our home. A small smile curves my lips, as my tiara becomes more solid, I tilt it to Destrier, and the new mare, Brisa.

"Greetings, and welcome to the World's Edge. I am Hellena." My voice is a smooth hum, a deep and reassuring stroke of an artist's brush against their eardrums. "Our Protectors have recently defended our home from invaders." I add, as a quiet explanation for the injury Destrier sustained. A small frown creased my brow as I considered it again, and I gave him a knowing look - he had denied a healer when I offered to fetch one. My expression softened again as I looked to the new mare, my inquiry gentle and light behind those deep violet pools. "What is the name of the newest soul to walk amongst our borders?"

bg - table

Messages In This Thread
Rings of Past Fatalities - by Destrier - 09-16-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 09-16-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Hellena - 09-16-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Destrier - 09-19-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 09-20-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Hellena - 09-24-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 10-01-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 10-18-2013, 12:46 PM