the Rift

[OPEN] Rings of Past Fatalities

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

She went on to explain where all she had been, though it seemed she had been far too many places to remember the names of most. There was one, though, the Land of Feathered Hooves. I quirked a brow in simple curiosity as she went on, stating that something had happened and eventually, she'd been left all on her own. A lonely wanderer, a soul without a purpose... That had been me more than once in my life, and already I was beginning to feel myself drawn to Brisa for our similarities.

"You have led a difficult life from the sound of it," came my voice once she'd fallen silent again. The last thing I wanted to do was conjure any more painful memories for the mare, and so I avoided digging any deeper into her tale. From the light of a lamp tree, I could see the glint of tears welling within her eyes, and my chest tightened at the knowledge. I hadn't meant to make her cry, and while I wanted to step closer and assure her that all was well, would I only cause her more embarrassment? Despite my want to comfort her with a gentle caress of my muzzle, I refrained and instead decided to pull the conversation away from such a sensitive topic. But she had beaten me to it.

Her question was of my leg, which seemed to flare proudly at its mention. One ear flickered in mild annoyance at the feeling, but casting my gaze from my leg to Brisa, I offered her a somewhat grim smile and opened my mouth to speak, but I was cut off before any words could form by the familiar voice of our Seer. Craning my neck in the elder mare's direction, I cast her a gentle look and dipped my head in her direction, crimped forelock momentarily covering my face. "Ah, Helena," came my simple greeting, "It is good to see you again." I wasn't ignorant to the way she looked at me, however, and almost childishly, playfully, I pursed my lips and turned my gaze back onto Brisa to act as though I had not caught her knowing look. A useless act, I knew, considering that she was the Seer...

Hellena had explained the invasion to Brisa, and I hoped that the news of a recent war wouldn't scare the already uneasy mare away. Deciding to speak up before her thoughts could possibly run rampant at the thought of war, my bister eyes adjusted on Brisa's blue. "But rest assured, the World's Edge is very much a safe place to be. Our intruders were ousted with minimal injuries on our part, thanks to our warriors and the rest who stepped in to assist in the fighting. Of course, one does not have to be a fighter to find an acceptable place within the herd. There are many eager, senior members who would be more than happy to show you what's available."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Rings of Past Fatalities - by Destrier - 09-16-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 09-16-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Hellena - 09-16-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Destrier - 09-19-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 09-20-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Hellena - 09-24-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 10-01-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Rings of Past Fatalities - by Brisa - 10-18-2013, 12:46 PM