the Rift

[OPEN] Hidden Secrets, Untold Stories.[Open]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Torleik patiently awaited the mare's response to his question and watched her approach slowly. The muscles in her neck slid and shifted ever so slightly, and he noticed she was reaching for him. A shocking frission of energy ran through the stallion when this female's soft muzzle touched his shoulder and his skin twitched where her flesh had met his.

The action was innocent enough but how long had it been since anyone had touched him at all? Months. Months upon months.

He had not realized he yearned for such normal contact until just now, when this mare forced him to take a good, hard, stark look at how lonely and bereft of affection he truly was. Though he was motivated to do more, he simply returned the gesture, lightly pressing his soft but bearded muzzle to her shoulder in kind - to reassure her of the acceptability of her actions, he told himself.

The stallion's eyes narrowed at the other white male, much younger than himself, he noted, when he deigned to speak first. "I asked the lady, not you," Torleik responded, his tone firm. And you are...half my age? Slightly older? You are a boy, he thought with mild annoyance. Was he so prideful and foolhardy as a younger stallion? He would have laughed aloud at the male's belief he had the control of a general. A war-hardened beast, behaving as such? If the stuttering, stumbling speech he had heard, but not discerned, was any indication, this male was existing in a strange delusion of self-confidence. Turning his gaze back to the mare, he listened to her words and looked once more at this white male, wondering at the interaction he had just stumbled upon.

"Sometimes well-meaning intentions can be the most cruel," he said in response to the stallion's words, almost offhandedly, like a thought that had suddenly come to him. Though, had Torleik been privy to the stallion's thoughts, he likely would have been much less understanding; he was not one to entertain large amounts of emotion even inside, for the most part. There was a time and a place for such things, and he did not coddle his own thoughts to allow the emotion to grow outside of the bounds it should remain within.

His next words were directed to this mare, Brisa, he had heard the stallion call her. "If I can help you, you need only ask," he rumbled gently.

TORLEIK

"Send a heartbeat to the void that cries through you; relive the pictures that have come to pass."

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Hidden Secrets, Untold Stories.[Open] - by Brisa - 09-17-2013, 11:33 PM
RE: Hidden Secrets, Untold Stories.[Open] - by Torleik - 10-04-2013, 05:45 PM