the Rift

[PRIVATE] tear the sun and me apart [psyche]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

Who are you?

The question ricocheted around her ever-wandering mind, though it never had to try very hard to gain her attention. In fact, ever since she had unceremoniously dumped her crown into the lap of that blasted engineer, it had been all she could think about. She had assumed a mask of utter indifference to the world, though her roiling emotions bubbled much closer to the surface than they should have. Boredom was the key - if she did not show any emotion, she wouldn't show how close to breaking she really was. Right? And she couldn't have that, not when her dramatic demotion had brought her so close to the edge. No, it was imperative that she retain the cool, detached facade that had gotten her so far in life.

Or was it? Was that all it was - a mask? Who was she, really? Confusion marred her judgment as she found herself wandering through memories of her childhood over and over again, searching for an answer, for a definition that she could apply to herself. She had refused to admit that she questioned the very core of her existence - her hatred of those without a horn. No, to allow that poisonous thought to invade her mind was to admit that she was not who she thought she was. But then, how could she be so very inferior? Just look at her - broken, running, defeated. The lessers had won - so where was her grand theory of superiority now?

Perhaps she had only been kidding herself her entire life. When had she ever been comfortable with who she was? Then again, when had she stopped to consider it? When had she begun to feel like this? Why had she changed so drastically from a femme who wanted nothing more than to carry on her father's legacy? What had she morphed into? What was she now - she was not an equine, but she was not a unicorn anymore either, at least not a full one, in her mind.

Who are you?

She had taken refuge in one of the many caverns that riddled this part of the world, though if you were to ask, she would not admit why she had chosen this place as her temporary home. It was a place of solace and solitude, for it was here that she felt closest to her lost King. Where had Mauja gone, anyway? She remembered him leaving, presumably to stir up trouble, but he had never returned. Why? She closed her eyes, remembered the warm caresses they had shared in these icy tunnels; why had he left her? And, more importantly, why did she care?

A sound pulled her from her reverie, and she habitually began to look for its source. It was a sort of snuffling, shuffling noise, and though she truly didn't care if she shared a home, she would like to know what had invaded her private moment. Around a corner, and she halted, head tilted with apparent confusion, for she had found a bear. Bewildered, she continued to stare at it. She wasn't horribly worried that it would eat her - for, truly, who was there to care, at this point? She did, however, wonder if it was alone.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 09-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Psyche - 09-25-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-15-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM