the Rift

[PRIVATE] tear the sun and me apart [psyche]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

Would death be preferable to this self-imposed quarantine? Would she rather cease to exist than continue on without that which had made her whole? As she gazed upon the bear with little more than boredom in her amber gaze, she realized that she had utterly and completely changed from who she had once been in the space of only a few short days. The battle had not been so long ago; her impromptu demotion even shorter a time, and yet here she stood, questioning everything while those who had depended on her to lead effortlessly replaced her. Was she worth so very little to those to whom she had given her all? Were they blind to her brave attempts at bettering herself for them, or did they simply fail to care?

Well, it didn't matter now, in any case, for she had removed herself from their home. Ah, home - what a foreign concept it was now! Over and over she had thought to belong somewhere, and over and over again she had been ousted one way or another. What was left for her here? What was left for her anywhere? Was she to wander, alone, all her days, or would she eventually find a place where she fit?

As her niece wandered into view, the shade bristled momentarily through a habitual wariness of the younger fae, from whom she had earned nothing but scorn; the feeling passed quickly, though, and the head that had raised lowered, muscles that had tensed relaxed, and she regarded the half-unicorn with the same look of dejected lifelessness that she had granted the bear. He had not been afraid of the hornless Empress, no more so than his bonded, but even through her depression, the shadow-mare realized that there was something lacking in Ktulu's demeanor. Where was the anger? Where was the hatred? Was she as defeated as her deposed aunt, or was the jackal simply imagining things?

"Ktulu," she returned with a dip of her own hornless cranium, eying her niece's horn in a longing sort of way. If nothing else, it had given her purpose, it had given her reason; now she was nothing, and yet Ktulu's life would go on. Psyche's would not, at least not in the path she had walked all her life. Her vocals were oddly calm, lacking their usual wicked luster. It was almost... friendly, her desperation for some manner of affection, or perhaps simply a metaphorical shoulder to cry on blatantly obvious in a way that it had never been before. Her mask had not slipped, oh no; it had fallen away entirely, and for the first time in her life, the Empress found herself at the mercy of one she had always considered beneath her.

"You don't have to leave," she offered, lowering her gaze, ashamed of her disheveled appearance and distinctly lacking visage. I'm certainly in no mood to make you, she thought miserably. What had her life come to, that she wanted the mutt to stay? That she desired the companionship that even a mutant could provide? Again, her vocals had surprised her, though it did not show in her withdrawn frown, her miserable gaze. There were no odd inflections, no poisonous tones; who was she? Who had she become?

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 09-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Psyche - 10-06-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-15-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM