the Rift

[PRIVATE] tear the sun and me apart [psyche]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

It was easy to see that there was something off about Psyche the moment that she saw her. The older mare did not carry herself with the same haughty pride that had made Ktulu's skin crawl and gut churn with the desire to put a hoof through her skull. There was no malice in the Jackal's tone as her niece's name fell from her lips, which actually left the younger mare concerned. Her ears rotated back and lay against her skull and her head tilted slightly as she studied the older mare's face and demeanor. She did not hold herself like a Queen should and so it led the Constrictor to wonder if her throne had been taken from her in the aftermath of the failed invasion she had launched foolishly on two herds. She could take the time now to point out how stupid she had been, but Ktulu chose not to. The invasion was history, recent history, but it was over. The events that had unfolded and the decisions that had been made could not be undone.

"You don't have to leave."

And then she knew it.

"You've fallen far, Psyche." Ktulu responded quietly. "Since when do you desire my company?" There was no sarcasm in her voice, only curiosity masking her own desire for company aside from the bear that was forever bonded to her. He didn't stay by his own choice. He stayed because they were one being. One soul. One mind. Ktulu's gaze rose and she looked at the DarkEmpress' broken crown, but unlike Psyche's own people Ktulu did not pass judgement on that alone. It was not the horn (or lack thereof) that made one great, it was the choices they made in their lives that made them great.

Neither of them were great. It seemed more and more that they were one in the same.

"Horn broken." Eytan's gruff voice infiltrated Ktulu's head and she gave a slight nod of acknowledgement. "Dark mare sad." He insisted, his head caramel gaze finding Ktulu's crimson one. "Not whole." This had the dark mare confused, but as she rolled the idea through her brain she began to understand. Psyche had taken pride in her horn and now it was gone. She was incomplete. A shadow of what she had been. With her horn gone so was her pride.

"Make better." He said, sending Ktulu a mental image of Psyche lowering her head for him, which made her frown and look questioningly at the bear. Was he serious. "Make. Better." He insisted. Ktulu sighed to herself and looked at Psyche. "He wants you to put your head down."

@[Psyche]

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 09-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-15-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM