the Rift

[PRIVATE] tear the sun and me apart [psyche]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

"You would not be my choice either," the Constrictor told her with a sigh, and though the Empress expected no less, the words were still a slap. She knew full well that her niece had never been particularly fond of the distant, haughty aunt that her father had no doubt spoken of without much love, but besides that she now harbored a deep, resounding fear that she had never been and would never be loved. She would never have anyone care for her, or anyone to care for (after all, she had cared for Mauja and where was he now?), and she certainly would not have much company in her self-afflicted quarantine. But they did not want her at home; the did not wish her to lead them, she who had been so broken, she who had sunk so low. Was that her fate - to be forever frowned upon, shuffled aside in favor of one more able than she?

"I tried to give them greatness," she remarked bitterly, her gaze still downcast, her vocals thick with emotion. "And yet, as you say, here we are." The smile that marred her features then was cold, but it was not cruel. It slipped away just as quickly as it appeared as the shade sank into her own misery again. The thought was on her lips before she could stop it: "Perhaps I have been wrong all along." It was a quiet, defeated whisper, but in it, there was a tinge of hope, for if she had been chasing some errant dream, there was a chance that she could still achieve greatness in some other, better way.

And then Ktulu spoke of a lost soldier, an uncle, and Psyche's auds pricked curiously toward her. Not Paladin, then, he being her father; but which uncle would she speak of? The shadow-mare turned thoughts of her family over briefly, remembering those she had seen in this land since her own arrival. "Donovan?" she asked, resignation in her voice as a frown spread across her visage. "I am sorry, Ktulu. It seems our family has been cursed with poor luck, doesn't it?" She did not wonder if the younger mare knew of her family ties; it was an easy assumption that Paladin would have spoken of his stupid, inconsequential, plain sister who sought to rise so far above her station. Perhaps he had told his children of her failures as a warning. A grimace found its way briefly to her face, but she was distracted by the bear's odd behavior.

It began with a gentle touch to the stump where her horn had once protruded so proudly. Her auds flicked back, and then forward, a mark of her uncertainty; a swish of the tail was the only other movement the deposed queen dared make. His nose was cold as it made its way to her forehead; she did not feel the wetness of the touch through her own pelt, but she was vividly aware of the chill that it left on her. He growled softly, and she tensed, flinching, as though expecting teeth at any moment, but when they did not come, she allowed him a gentle lick before glancing questioningly at her niece. Ktulu translated, and the shade looked at the bear with an odd mixture of apprehension and appreciation. "It is not so easy, young one," she informed him. "It is difficult to be happy when everything you have has been ripped from your grasp."

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 09-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-15-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Psyche - 10-15-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM