the Rift

[PRIVATE] tear the sun and me apart [psyche]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

"Perhaps I have been wrong all along."

Ktulu's crimson gaze was unwavering as she looked at Psyche, several different thoughts churning within her recesses of her mind and several more comments on the edge of her lips. "You wouldn't be the first to be wrong." She said several minutes later. What was the Empress wrong about, though? Ktulu was not stupid nor was she deaf, she knew about the rumors that echoed about the herd that Psyche had lead being full of racists that flaunted their pureblood and spit upon those who were half breeds or hornless in general. Was that what the Empress was wrong about? Being racist? Her views on the lowly creatures of Helovia that she would squash under her hooves as she would a bug that crawled into her path? But what proof did Ktulu have that the mare had lead a band of racists bent on the destruction of anything that wasn't pure? Hearsay was not proof and neither was gut instinct, but Ktulu had always followed her instincts before and for the most part they had served her well.

In the end she let it go, only because Psyche spoke Donovan's name. She was already cold, but a new kind of cold washed over her, chilling her to her very core and threatening to make her teeth rattle. Guilt was an overwhelming force that still threatened to drive the very breath from her lungs. Psyche had not been the only one that had been wrong. She had thought she could lead a band of soldiers and not be adversely affected when one of them fell. She thought she could stay distant emotionally, but against her will and better judgement she'd come to care for the idiots that followed her and went to war at her command. She came to love some of them like she would her own family and she felt remorse for letting them down and damning them.

"I am sorry, Ktulu. It seems our family has been cursed with poor luck, doesn't it?"

Ktulu stared, dumbfounded at the DarkEmpress, who was already preoccupied with Eytan and whatever his ritual was. She continued to stare, noting what she should have known were family resemblances all along, but she'd been far too occupied with her herd and being angry with Ophelia and Psyche to see it. "Our family?" She prompted Psyche, much to Eytan's annoyance because the bear had a lot more to say to the Empress, but before he continued with his nonsense Ktulu wanted to know exactly how she and Psyche were related. She wanted to know more about her family and the deep dark secrets that her father had kept hidden from her all of her life.

@[Psyche]

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 09-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-15-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM