the Rift

[OPEN] tempting knowledge || scholar/healers

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I had only been heading towards the Arch, straight for the place that I had once called home. Now, I smelt of sand that was blown within winds, glistening particles of shimmering moonlight. Home was now within the desert, far from the ice and snow that was the North. Daddy had gone with me to ensure that I was safe, and Miss Kri accepted us after figuring out that maybe we weren't going to hurt her. The wounds upon the mare with pale beauty caused me to wonder about the life that went about inside a herd. It made me feel awkward to be with some many others. Not a second had gone by that I wondered how everyone was doing at what was my real home. Within a shell of bone, my brain was already thinking of my true family, distant yet close at the same time. Something went across my mind as of Adrixaura's dead companion, a blue jay, when that seemed to come true.
These sort of things just sort of happen, if you know what I mean. One day, you happen to be walking along humming a tune in your head, you think a thought, and it comes to reality when it slaps you in the face. Literally.
I was skipping about, not really ready to out grow that interesting pace that fillies like myself took part in. The horn upon my head glowed a pale blue in the darkness, a lantern within the warm night. Then, a bird hit me straight in the face.
For those that have never actually be hit in the face by a bird, it's a truly unique experience. The first thought that went through my head (I don't know about you, though.) was 'What in the name of Moon just happened?!', and then when I noticed it was a bird (only because a feathered wing slapped me in the eye ball), the next thought seemed a bit unneeded, but admit it, you'd think it too.
Dear mother of God of Time, did it poop on my face?
Because its gonna be the thought that goes through your head when it happens. If I had been flung through the night only to hit someone's glowing face, you might as well crap all over your feathers.
He went about with a reaction somewhat similar to my own. I panicked, not used to the idea of that sensation, while he fluttered about, wings going in each direction as he tried to get his balance. In my childish ways, I giggled, like the little girl I am, trying to coax myself after I just got hit head on. He, on the other hand, was angered by the fact that I just giggled at him.
The giggle was more of a "Teehee." than a giggle, amusement lighting up my eyes. The right one was red and puffy, not exactly the most beautiful sight when your eyes are pale blue with grey flecks. He was before me, and then over my head, past my glow, going for my mane that was finally just happening to grow about to a longer length. Like any girl would be, now that my mane was growing out to be a beautiful sandy colour, I adored it. I had even found some flowers while walking and tried to braid them into it, only to fail. Still, I thought it was beautiful. Oh, it was so beautiful, and every girl needs to be a bit proud of her 'do' every once in awhile.
For him, my hair was just hair, and his tiny talons went at it, tugging and pulling. What sensation followed it was something I never ever wanted to feel, because he was actually making some progress of dragging me by my hair.
My hair.
My motherfucking beautiful hair that was finally growing out.

"HEY! LET GO OF MY MANE. MINE. MY HAIR!!!! LET GO YOU BASTARD!!!!!"
Never before in my life had I actually been mad at someone, but this little bird knew how just to press the buttons that turned my anger to a nuclear bomb. As a newborn, for my first few weeks when it was a death sentence to leave the safety of the Arch, I'd been impatient. It was a kind of impatientance that came with being little, and my Uncle Tonka had been kind enough to teach me the ways of patientance, which I followed everyday. Yet this bird, I wouldn't mind that much of throwing my head around and sending him flying.
That happened to be the sort thing that I did.
Sort of.
Naturally, when an Unicorn or an Unicorn hybrid (like myself, though I remain oblivious to this) is born, a horn is amounted upon their head. It is only a nub, but for me, as a foal, what told me I had a horn, was the ever constant glow that errupted from deep within. That horn was molded naturally to be some sort of weapon, yet the only time it could of been a weapon was when Tonka rolled over on top of me (that fat bastard) and squished me. My series of angry squeaks and pokes with my horn got him off. Eventually.
Yet, for my companion, my horn was a baseball bat, whatever that happened to be. His talons weren't dug into my do as much I thought they were, so when my head and neck were swung about to free myself, he was catapulted off me, towards my horn, which then hit him. I swear, you could never see a bird fly the way he did.
At some point, he catch his coordination and returned to me, as I laughed at him. There was some weird humour to our shared annoyances to each other, and when this time he only tugged on the dark blue hairs at the base of my tail, I went. He scrapped me upon the blue circular marking on my rump, awakening me a bit more than I needed to. When he went off, his small wings fluttering as fast as he was able to go, there I was to trail. I skipped, he flew, we both remained quiet.
He took me to a place I'd only been once, the fogs shrouding the path causing me to almost nip at him occasionally just to be aware of his location. Here, I was blind. Even the light from my horn couldn't help me.
Suddenly, the world opened it's blind eyes, basking within the glory of pale moonlight upon bony fingers of mist. My companion took off before me, leaving me alone beneath a galaxy of stars. All above me, they twinkled with amusement, blinking bright eyes upon my small body. In these types of moments, I can feel the actual youth I had been blessed with and just how perfect it felt to own.
Silence was ended when a mare was added of me, a voice coming from somewhere. I never understood the exact owner, but my feathered friend had gone to the tree that the mare stood before. I went, carried forth with endless amounts of curiousity and partial annoyance. When I got to the tree, the flowers beneath it added to the eerie light we were given. It had been my horn that sort of made the moment more unique.
It's glow was there to ignite my path within the endless ebony sheath that covered the land, to guide me home and to take others to their needed safeties. Having it there with me at all times, it became a blessing beyond belief. Tonight, it ignited the mare and I, the birds within the lone tree, and the flowers.
She oddly, in a stomach churning sort of a way, reminded me of home, where my path was to lead me before the blue jay came and took me here. For her, chances would be she didn't know me. I smelt of sand and sweet grasses, maybe sprinkles of sea salt that rode upon the area nearest the beach. When I had come to join the Dragon's Throat, I never knew of the complexities that were within a herdland. My thoughts had been short and childish, not extending outwards, but now they reached out further than they should at my young age.
Somehow, my brain knew exactly how to deal the cards that left me out-growing this body.
"Sikeax, once the healer for an outcast group called the Assassins, I've only shortly belonged to the Throat, only looking to extend my medical practices. Why am I here?"
Again, age is painted over with my words. Odd, how I seem to be everything I don't look to be. Sick, is the word that might be more expressing. My palest blue hues turn to the mare, who stands with a proud glaze over her. She is beautiful, more beautiful than I can dream of being. Instantly, she gives off a bittersweet aura to me. There is a reminder that Adrixaura was still my mother, and that I shouldn't have left her when I did. What makes the bittersweet part, happens to be the fact they smell of the snow and ice.
Oh heartbreak is the worst when it happens to small children.
"Hi. Can I ask your name? Might you know of the reason we're here?"
Simple. She just needs to give me a simple answer to fix and mend my worries, but would she even offer those comforts? ..

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
tempting knowledge || scholar/healers - by NPC - 09-18-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: tempting knowledge || scholar/healers - by Sikeax - 09-18-2013, 08:42 PM