the Rift

[OPEN] late on our promises.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

I had been busy.
After all, growing up was hard, and I had been doing an awful lot of growing up here lately.

Still, a goofy smile of a child rests easily on my aging features, the kind that belie the fact I am still under two years. My limbs had grown shockingly tall. I think I am hovering well over fifteen hands these days, certainly taller than Midas, but probably not mother. Muscle had begun to bunch and curl around my limbs, making me look all the more adult like. But, yes, I do still wear the smile of a beloved child on my lips.

I was going to see my family, or so I had at least thought as I soared underneath the expansive sky, bedazzled with all sorts of shimmering stars. I could not wait to see the face of my mother and my darling Nuna, though they would probably chide me for being gone for more than a season. It was not due to slacking off, certainly, for I had fulfilled the task of my father thus far. Feeding the hungry, fighting monsters, and healing the earth - I am trying to make them proud. What is more, I managed to find a peculiar object not long after that battle with the monster I had mentioned.

A harp, not much larger than the length of my cannon, made of the purest white birch wood and laced with emeralds and vines that never wilted. The beauty of the object was obvious, but not really the strange part, you see. The very first shocking attributed I noticed was the thing's habit of floating in midair by my side. Floating, literally, as though invisible hands were holding it aloft. No matter how fast I walked, ran, or flew, the persistent little instrument kept time with me. What is more, whenever I began to hum, the harp's strings pluck themselves, matching the melody with soft, earthen sounding tones.

A companion encouraging my music, it would seem. I took this as a gift from my father because of my good work, for surely only he could create such a wonderful instrument.

Together with my brand new musical friend, I soar downward upon the Foothills. The lush, green area still illuminated by the light of the waterfall, but the area appeared scarce, almost as if something was wrong with it. My eyes narrow, looking for the familiar frame of Bear or mother, but finding them hiding within one of the Foothills' many secluded places. They could be anywhere, so I simply choose a meadow to land upon, letting a nicker fill my lungs and permeate the air.

I pause, stopping to look at my harp, ever present by my side, before raising my ever-so-grown-up voice toward the mountains. "Mother? Ranjiri? Ophelia?" the names of my family, hopefully ensuring they would come. How could I know that Ophelia and mother had forsaken these lands?

Messages In This Thread
late on our promises. - by Hototo - 09-19-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: late on our promises. - by Phaedra - 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: late on our promises. - by Hototo - 09-20-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: late on our promises. - by Phaedra - 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM