the Rift

New life. [Rishima/hatching]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

Rishima</style>
the frenzied pace of the mind inside the cell.</style>

The initial stirring against my breast took me by surprise, and for a moment I stood confused, wondering what under the moon could be going on. Then like a ton of bricks the gravity of the situation hit me, followed swiftly by a flurry of excitement and anxiety. Gingerly I lowered the basket I wore to the earth, watching entranced as the movement of the egg flung it from its little nest. Hair-width cracks settled upon the fragile shell; my ears stood forward and alert as a claw emerged, then another, and finally a beak punctured through and the shell collapsed and there lay the creature that would hold my heart forever.

She rose into the air, pale white with accents of dark, and she was beautiful.

Then she shrieked, a brilliant eruption of noise, staggeringly loud for one so small.

Thank goodness I had hunted. Thank goodness for Merakerr. "Come, little Kali," I call to her, laughing. "Let's find you some food, shall we?" Not letting my eyes leave her, I stepped away. The tree where I had stored her food lay mere paces from me; in no time, I had reached it, grabbed the doe from the pile, and laid it down where Kali might easily catch its smell, hoping that this was right.

image by tambako @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
New life. [Rishima/hatching] - by Random Event - 08-05-2012, 02:28 PM
RE: New life. [Rishima/hatching] - by Rishima - 08-05-2012, 02:58 PM
RE: New life. [Rishima/hatching] - by Merakerr - 08-05-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: New life. [Rishima/hatching] - by Asur - 08-08-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: New life. [Rishima/hatching] - by Mirage - 08-08-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: New life. [Rishima/hatching] - by Rishima - 08-09-2012, 03:29 AM
RE: New life. [Rishima/hatching] - by Merakerr - 08-17-2012, 02:20 AM
RE: New life. [Rishima/hatching] - by Mirage - 08-28-2012, 05:40 AM
RE: New life. [Rishima/hatching] - by Rishima - 09-05-2012, 01:13 PM