the Rift

[PRIVATE] JUST TAKE ME HOME

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
What was she doing down here? Back near the threshold again, as if it would give her some sense of home. But, no. She hadn't wanted to go traversing into the land where all of the horses congregated and attached to new members like flies to fresh meat. It was a sickening thought. And, strangely, it pushed her even more in the desire to be completely alone. She didn't want Kaj looking down at her, wondering if she was beginning to light up now that she was definitely safe and Quil was back. She didn't want Quil wondering if her mind was still as torn as before - if her confession of love had been from total acceptance or just the panic of her mind collapsing on her and fear of losing the only one she had to cling onto. She didn't want Mirage glancing on to her frame from a little while away, wondering why she had never seen the mare smile or be happy. She didn't want Kahlua to feel like she owed her something. And she didn't want to feel like she was letting Smoke down by not really being able to actually help heal anyone.

She had wanted the family. But, she had mainly wanted it for protection. She knew that no one could replace that void that was suffocating her soul and dragging her deeper and deeper into dismay. And, so she spent her time, instead, offering all she could for everyone else. If it made them happy, she would do it. If it allowed them to live and continue to fight on, she would do it. It really was that simple. All for everyone else, less for her own mind and body. If she could ignore the hurt and pain she felt then she could give herself whole-heartedly to the herd that was offering her a place of safety.

But, here she was, not with the herd. Travelling alone. Her tail still knotted from the fight in the invasion, her branch-like dagger situated delicately in the knot and the scar upon her left shoulder a constant reminder of the pain she had suffered and forced to carry with her. Her golden orbs caught between a state of tears and panic. Every movement was beginning to startle her again, and she could sense more shadows than before. But, so deep in the forest she could not tell that the sun had begun to rise again. So, she forced herself to continue on, edging in deeper and deeper into the forest in an attempt to free herself from her thoughts and the mask she had learned how to put on so well.

She was broken. There was no other way to describe her.

And then, she heard something rustling in the brush as she moved. Paws hitting the ground as it padded it's way through the forest. A slight purr radiating through the trees before it got muffled from the chirping birds songs. A predator, a feline of large proportions. Instantly, she began to bolt away from the purring noise, running into a very small clearing and skidding to a halt a few inches away from a towering equine. Her orbs peer up toward the equine's face as she stumbles backwards into a tree. She gulped until she took in the eyes of the equine and forced herself to glance back over his frame, at this white markings. Choking out her words she managed to say, "D-Dies-sel?" Her frame shook a little from the shock of the situation, but her voice settled itself far before the rest of her body. "What are you doing out here?" she questioned, dumbfounded she had run into someone she knew in this forest of nightmares and darkness.

Alone. She never seemed to be alone...

645 words
LOLOL
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
JUST TAKE ME HOME - by Diesel - 09-20-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: JUST TAKE ME HOME - by Resplendence - 09-22-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: JUST TAKE ME HOME - by Diesel - 09-25-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: JUST TAKE ME HOME - by Resplendence - 10-05-2013, 11:18 PM