the Rift

[OPEN] in a child's hands

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
It was one moment in the night, a moment in which I had been asleep, that something inside me suddenly shifted. Something deep within my soul churned and twisted. I had felt power wash over me, a sickening twist to my brain. In my sleep, I had twitched as the power surged through me, washing over a new sense. I had been in the Marsh then, but now I was in the Heart, wishing to find something.

What exactly was I searching for?

Even I didn't know, sort of. I was looking for Sia, my heart yearning for her. I hadn't really felt any different after I had awoken from that strange sleep, and I still had yet to discover what I could do. So while I walked, I stopped abruptly and looked at a raven sitting in a branch. It squawked at me, it's beady little eyes glaring at me. I squealed, panicking. Sameira jumped at my feet, startled. I realized this little raven was perfect for testing. Smiling, I struggled to focus on the black bird, my little brows narrowed. I tried everything and anything, but nothing seemed to work. And then, it hit me.

I straightened up, narrowed brows pointed at the raven, which had sat there staring at me this whole time. I wasn't using the soul. I reached forward mentally, my small mind towering over the ravens. I grabbed its soul, which was light as a feather. I set it forward, flinging it into a distant space, but my little invisible fingers would not let go. I was pulled with the soul, but my grip was weak, and I fell. I felt dazed all of a sudden, confused. My brain whirled, and I stumbled. I felt older, odd enough. Not mentally, but physically. But when I looked down, I was still little me with the lanky legs. But I felt odd, old. I fell over before looking up at the raven. It had vanished, sort of. It had collapsed, dazed and cawing on the ground, flapping its wings desperately. I smiled, I had magic! To think of all the marvelous things I could do with magic! I could only pull the spirit forward, for it had seemed like there was a wall blocking me from going back. Maybe I wasn't strong enough? Oh well, I didn't care!

I had magic!

But that wasn't the only reason I had traveled to the Heart. I had originally made my destination the Throat, because that's where Sia was. I knew because well, I saw her go off with her daddy after we met not too long ago. I was going to visit her, but I doubt the Throat would be very welcoming. So I just stood in the heart, desperately hoping my champagne sister would come trotting to me.
@[Sikeax] <3

Messages In This Thread
in a child's hands - by Amara - 09-20-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: in a child's hands - by Sikeax - 09-26-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: in a child's hands - by Amara - 10-17-2013, 08:24 PM