the Rift

[OPEN] --FUN [open]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
[Image: jWPP4oi.png]

Vibrations. Metal. Clicking of hooves. Beating of wings. I was going to have to learn how to pinpoint the direction of movement and how the wings changed the sound of the air if I wanted to be able to truly protect myself. But, there would a time and place for that. The horses here were kind enough to restrict themselves to ground approaches - for if they had dropped from the sky to land beside me I am almost positive that I would be bolting the other direction before even taking the chance to place exactly who they were.

I was flinching quite often, my pelt either getting annoyed with the prospect of the flies that were beginning to shuffle their way back into the picture. Or, it was getting annoyed with the lack of the sun to allow it's warm tendrils to encase my frame in comfort and youth. I shook my head and continued to move on only to feel a shift in the vibrations. It was minuscule, but the earth's heartbeat was beginning to change into a faster, more alert rhythm. Was the world no longer asleep? Had it found it's joy and will to live once more? If that was the case, how exciting it would be. Everything would be in working order again. Perhaps Sohalia would be granted her magic abilities once more and be able to work on the wall. Perhaps she would be able to stop feeling as if her existence was useless - when really it was far, far from that. She had a child to take care of, and the nurturing side of her would never be forgotten. I was almost positive that she was quite a few of the other's rocks in a place such as this, where most of the horses seem to be accustomed to war and fighting.

And so, with the shift in the feeling of the earth, I forced myself to move forward with a slightly more bouncy step. My gaits smoother, legs elongating and snapping up in simple patterns that could be repeated by someone who lacked the ability of keeping a consistent beat. Then, I felt it. The feeling of warmth. The tendrils stretching out to my pelt and taking me into a place of comfort. The heat that radiated across my body and allowed all of me to begin to feel whole again. I was not alone, the sun had come back. The sun - the only star that I knew existed. The one star that I could place with Taj and the child who I had been forced to leave behind. We were connected by the sun, and I would forever remember it that way.

Oh, and how Taj had spoke of wanting to live up in the stars one day. How he wanted to be with his ancestors, and how he knew - just knew - that they were up there watching over him. He wanted to gain knowledge from them. He wanted to know what they were thinking of us as I had pleaded for him to become immortal only to be ripped from his tight hold and thrown into a world where immortality could no longer exist. And, how he now had to fight to live alone - to live forever - with the same gift, and curse, that I had been given. It sickened me. But as long as the two of us were alive, I knew that I would feel him through the sun's rays. I would feel him, and I would feel our child. I would gather strength from the sun's rays and everything I did would be for them. I would become the old widow if I had to. It didn't matter to me. But, as long as the sun continued to hold that same truth to it I would not betray his trust - his love.

But something broke me from my thoughts. A vibration followed by a loud bugle to the sky. I had neared the wall without even realizing it, and was close enough to feel the form standing beside the territory lines. He was packed with muscle and a towering force. Perhaps it wasn't the best thing that I edged closer to the border without someone there beside me with the gift of sight, but I moved in anyways. I moved in closer despite his gift of wings that could easily render me a fragile being to be crushed without the gift of sight to evade the dive bomb of the creature.

No. I would not dwell on that. I simply shook my head, feeling the vibrations curl through my legs and match the heartbeat inside my chest. Wavy lines forming in my vision for the sight of the vibrations before I appeared about ten feet from where the stag had stopped. His build was so familiar. So much taller than I, and so much more built. Was this perhaps Oliver? But I could not be totally positive until I had actually heard him speak. For, his bugle did nothing to really differentiate between him and this Gaucho whom Sohalia seemed to have taken a liking too. It was just a call to be seen and heard. And I had hailed it. Gently, I cleared my throat, swishing my white tail as the sun finally allowed the golden hints of my coat to shine, the white markings that had been gifted to me finally prevalent across my frame, if one was to look closely enough at my left foreleg and my muzzle. The white, shifting into the creme-gold and my pale, creme-blue eyes peering toward his frame without actually locking upon it - as if they were gazing off to the distance, past where he was standing, and shifting a little like they were searching for something in that far away place.

My voice appears, pulling out in silken, comforting tones as I relish in the sun's return. "Oliver, is that you?" I questioned, pausing a second before covering my tracks incase if the horse that was before me was not indeed the one who had felt the urge to bash in the mare's head who went by the name of Adrixauara at our meeting in the Threshold. "If you are not, I apologize, you just look familiar." Again. There I went with the verbs that actually required sight to be plausible. It did not matter, though, for I still managed to survive just fine without the actually ability of seeing the colours. I had found my own way to navigate, to live. And I would never with anything different.

Now, it was just time to see if my senses were as sharp as they had been back when I was in the river-filled lands of the North, of what had been my lands and my home before stumbling into these lands.

1159 words
And this is generally the low end of Rasta's word count
-happy dance-

two feet standing on a principle
two hands digging in each others wounds
cold smoke seeping out of colder throats

darkness falling, leaves nowhere to move

chunga-stock | prints-of-stock

Messages In This Thread
--FUN [open] - by Oliver - 09-23-2013, 05:46 PM
RE: --FUN [open] - by Rasta - 09-23-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: --FUN [open] - by Oliver - 09-24-2013, 05:10 PM