the Rift

[OPEN] --FUN [open]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
He was there. He was definitely there. I could feel his muscles, his build. So tall. So muscled. Not Taj. I forced the thought from my mind. Taj would not appear here. I had no way of telling him where I was. But I would continue to move forward, keeping the sad thoughts from my mind as they, of course, did nothing to help the situation. I would be strong, and I would help to protect the lands that had been given to me as my home.

The memories would not penetrate my mood today. I would not allow any tears to fall. Instead, I would relish in the feeling of the sun and rejoice in it's return. I stopped before him and asked to see if it was him. He stepped closer to me and I raised my head instinctively. The role of leader was still ingrained in my skull, no matter how much I tried to push the traits down. My blind orbs narrowed in annoyance, but they still flickered around - unable to focus on his frame in the blackness that was my vision.

And then, as if he has a right, he stretches his muzzle out a few centimeters from my own maw. I can feel him blow hot air into my nose as if he can just wander up to a mare and begin to invade upon her space. Manners that he expected - if he is Oliver - from the other mare in the Threshold seem to be non-existent upon her exit and his arrival in my home. Instantly, my audits pin in disdain. It would serve him well to back away And another bugle has escaped his maw, much quiet this time as I can feel the vibrations spread over my limbs and encase my frame. The rumbling from his chest radiating in mine as well.

Finally, his voice came out, a whisper from his maw as he confirms my belief that it is Oliver. His maw retracts from my person space. And, a few seconds later, as if to protect himself from the wrath that was bound to ensue, he allowed my name to roll off of his tongue. It does nothing to stop the annoyed laugh to escape my mouth. "It would do you best to not encroach on personal space." I hissed, snapping my teeth toward where his face was. Did I care if it broke skin? Did I care if I didn't even touch his pelt? No. I could care less what my teeth hit. I simply wanted to warn him that I was not one to be messed with. There had once been a time when respect was shown to anyone who said I had blessed them in their ventures. That time was over now - it had been since I'd crossed the border. But I didn't care. I still demanded respect to be shown to my frame - no matter if I was a leader here or not.

I did not retreat any steps, nor did I move forward. I held my ground, head raised high as I let out a puff of air, still annoyed with the large, winged brute. "What brings you here? Curiosity, or the lack of an identity which you wish to regain?" I question, the kind mare having dissipated the second he wished to linger in my face, breathing down my neck. But, my train of thought and accusation was interrupted by a massive force of vibrations. The heartbeat sinking back in as I squeezed my orbs shut and winced at the headache that suddenly ensued.

The vibrations died down, still present - still a different force - as I felt talons dig into the earth and could feel the heat as it spurred around my frame, engulfing it in a comfort only the sun could bring. But, talons and the whipping of wind can only lead me to believe that it is some sort of bird before us. And, the memories which had been haunting my mind are reintroduced. I back away a couple of steps as I feel the metal of wall starting to drip down against the ground.

And then Oliver's and my names are stated. The clicking of a beak and I am definitey dragged back in, full force, to the memory of my hawk screaming at me. Telling me that I was not safe. That I needed to leave before they caught me. That Scathashoun would be coming after me to serve Ramaskith. But I hadn't dared to believe the hawk then. I hadn't dared to think that I might not be able to fight off the army Ramaskith had provided to make sure that I was taken as a prisoner of war while I carried a child in my stomach. I shake my head, feeling my throat begin to dry, choking back the tears that threaten to pour out at the memory. Had I only trusted him - I would not have had to leave my family like I had now.

My head turns back toward the vibrations, heartbeat lines forming in some kind of flaming pattern, but it is definitely a larger bird. She calls for us to follow her. The firey feathers rustling a little as she tells the winged stag to lead me. And then, she takes off to the sky. I turn, my body itching to follow her. But, the struggle evident in my face as I can no longer place exactly where she is - the heartbeat vibrations not nearly as strong and now resonating completely around me. There is nothing attaching her to the ground, and so I am lost. I stumble a few feet toward where I had felt her take off toward but my frame stops and I feel my heart drop.

I had not listened to the bird once. I could not ignore this one now. I would not suffer another horrible fate for the lack of my belief in anyone other than myself. "Oliver. Please. I don't know where she is. We have to follow her!" I plead, the memory of my hawk's screams as he tried to dig his talons in the three stags forcing me away. He was unable to hinder them, and with the lion also trying to attack him he was forced into submission. Locked away in a cave. Yelling at me. Cursing my name. Saying how dare I not trust him. He was the other half of my soul. And I hadn't even been willing to trust an extension of myself. My heart may have been broken too many times, but I had learned my lesson. I had to start to believe in that power of those in the stars who were there to guide us. The power of those locked in the sun. This could be Taj - trying to save me, as he knows I'm in danger. After all, the bird produced enough heat to have been the sun itself. I would follow her as long as I could find a way to get to her.

And, with a tiny gasp of air, it takes all of my energy to not allow tears to be shed...

1223 words
It's fine ;3 Rasta pretty much writes herself

Messages In This Thread
--FUN [open] - by Oliver - 09-23-2013, 05:46 PM
RE: --FUN [open] - by Rasta - 09-23-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: --FUN [open] - by Oliver - 09-24-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: --FUN [open] - by NPC - 09-25-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: --FUN [open] - by Rasta - 09-25-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: --FUN [open] - by NPC - 09-27-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: --FUN [open] - by Cera - 10-06-2013, 10:00 PM