the Rift

[OPEN] Harvester of Sorrow [Adrixaura]

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu
@[Adrixaura]

I awake with a cold ache.
I'm on the floor, surrounded by ice. It's brilliant blue in the dawn, a realization lost on me in this time, such is my confusion about my location.

I do not recall falling asleep, nor do I sleep lying down in most any instance. I especially do not remember this place.

Much of Helovia is unexplored by my, this is on purpose. I am a creature fond of the dark and the dreary, taking comfort in the must of damp earth and the enclosed sensation of towering trees. I am especially fond of warmth. Out here though, in this wasteland of frozen water, there is no smell, there is no cover, there is no warmth. There is nothing, nothing but death. Death and I.
For how long I'm not sure, but by the color of my pelt and the hue of my surroundings, not for long should wolves spot me.

I could do with some wolves of another kind, but my brethren feel much the same about this place as I do, I would assume. We share more than blood after all.

I struggle to my feet. My joints are stiff and my bones feel heavy, as if they have become metal after being frozen to the marrow. I tuck into myself, tail pressed against my rump and rump pressed near a wall to dodge the wind that howled eternally through the spiraling ice caves.

So long as it's the wind that does the howling...

"Death." I address the obliviated world, the embodiment of my dear friend. "There is more I must do, much in your namesake."
Must you kiss me tonight?
Surely we can play out this romance longer.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
The morning is alive, and she has work to do. It never comes without some sort of pleasure to beat and torture the prisoners. Kanai had fed her to be cruel to captors and prisoners alike, him being the only captor she let keep her. Knox had done such a weak job keeping the mare, while Kanai held onto her with a passion while she was at her prime. Except, she was allowed to escape behind the cremello stallion's back multiple times, and each time she went back when he came to get her. She didn't fall before him, instead she loved the idea of luxury he gave her, a hoard of minions to do as she pleased that worshipped her equally for her beauty, and the fact that she was Kanai's most prized possession. The last reason she hung around was something that made her stomach churn now. The fact that she felt sorry for Kanai.
Poor boy, he'd fallen in love with her, knowing not the consquences that'd follow his life threatening choice. She tore down an empire and had death camps built so she'd be pleased. Instead, it planted a bitter seed inside her chest, one that caught fire somewhere along the line of Adze saying "Ah fuck, the bitch might be pregnant." and then she not being pregnant. She'd just thought, meaningless mistake that shifted her around and broke the spells binding childhood serenity that trailed her mother's wake to the aggressive, destructive, and oddly calming life of the man who raised her. Onsoun was dead, but he built her into what he wanted her to be.
Just how far had that gone?
A voice catches her ears, her body lay in the frozen blanket of thin snowflakes that covered the outer area of the Arch. Sleeping in the caverns would of been something her daughter would of wanted to do, but Sikeax was gone, and she'd accepted that with a broken and battered heart. Now, it just sent a fury of sparks towards that black flame. Her body shifts, the battle wounds that plagued her body nothing more than a limp and scars now, sections of her mane that were torn away coming to grow back into place. Before long, she'd be the same beautiful mare again, if she wasn't always beautiful enough for them.
Now, I ask a question. Do you ever enjoy having something to play with at your doorstep? The world plopped this little black mare straight on Adrixaura's doorstep, as if Kanai himself had come along and given it to her like a gift. It made her smile, wicked and hate-filled. That girl was probably October, the one she'd gone after a few days ago. "October..... Is that you? Ah, what a little beast you happen to be? Is your room comfortable enough for you? Not as warm as the hellhole you crawled out of." She moves with a fresh ease, the once severely wounded cannon moving more natural. Her sway is back, and she uses it as she pleases. Pleasure coats her pale eyes, their blue shrimmer coated with a dark cloud. "If you don't know who I am by now, I'm Adrixaura, of the Assassins. We've got some work to do."
This time, she laughs, a more of a "Hmph!" noise that floods it. She wants to play with her toy, just for the sake of old times. When the distance between them is closed and the mare is placed ass to the wall, Adri can do nothing more than laugh at the girl. Mockingly, if not insulting.
Her eyes stare down the girl, digging deep into the other's orange eyes. Someone she knew had eyes like that, but it's not a thought that comes easy to her. Oh yes, it was some colt that was in Kanai's death camp who ended up before at some point. He'd become her personal slave before the world went to fucking hell, and she ran off. October wouldn't make much of a good slave, yet if she could break into the mare's mind and pull strings, then maybe.
"First of all, you aren't to take off without me knowing. I'm fine with you heading out to the Steppe to be alone and hanging out in the Arch, but don't take off like some idiot bitch. I don't want to break any of those precious bones, or add a scar or two. You're just to pretty for that harsh treatment." She's smiling now, clearly enjoying this sort of mind torture. She allows the prisoner a bit of freedom for the sake of easier manipulation. Though Tonka might want something else out of this, she's got her own plans that are gonna go her way. "That is, unless you want me to...... Such can be done with great ease." Her white chest leans in as she steps forward, trying to get the girl to back her ass up to the wall again. All she wants to do is let this one know who is boss now.
When she feels the girl is having enough mind games, she releases the grip upon her mind only slightly, to let them breathe with an uncomfortable jolt and fright. "Now doll, you're here because you're a menace to the world, but don't feel left out. You and me are clearly of the same kind; sisters, are we not?" A childish giggle is released at that thought, eyes rolling mentally in her head. If the mare dies, who was she to give a care? There had to be a nice pack of wolves near by that would absolutely love to feed upon her corpse.
"What I've got to offer you is something you're gonna like. A lot. You want your freedom back, don't you? I've been exactly in the same spot you've been before, but I clawed my way to the top and sat on my throne wearing a crown because I'm a bitch, and a goddess at that. You'd like to be something nice, would you not? Who doesn't want to be worshipped? It's a wonderful feeling." Tricking this would might not be that difficult. Right now, she's shuffling the cards to make it exactly the way she wants it, just to win. She wants to win, and win will be what she does.
"Stick with me, Darling. We'll go far together. What I've got give you in a different view. Look at me. I'm a goddess, and I need a girl who can get herself together who isn't afraid to kick those who plead at her feet in the face. I'm a general. My days are spent beating the blood and shit out of those who challenge me while teaching others to fight. Oh, it's an amazing feeling. What I have for you, is a proposal you can't resist. Stick with me, and I'll make you into a goddess like myself. They aren't going to think of you as a child anymore. They'll take one look at you and their blood will run cold. Darling, would you like to join me as an Assassin, stay in my coziest of homes, and become something everyone fears? I've got all of this to offer you." If the girl doesn't jump at the offer, then she's got a dumbass standing before her. Then it'll have to shift to beatings and terrorizing, where as she'll just have to go about with the old ways.
"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" It's a faint whisper only loud for them to hear. She wants a slave that follows her every whim, and this one just got dropped before her. What perfect timing. What perfect timing indeed.
@[October]
image credits
table by whit

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu
@[Adrixaura]

A voice calls my name. It's feminine, which surprises me. I had always known death to be masculine - a father figure if you would.
I turn, visibly perplexed, and am surprised to find the pale mare before me. She has a pattern on her coat that looks like blood splatter. I have an irresistible urge to ask if it's real, or if she'd like it to be, but all I can manage is a wave of my deformed lips before she's carrying me along in her speech.

I float in her words like an apple in a tub, awaiting a child to dunk in and bob with gaping teeth.
What would it feel like to be an apple?

Laughter bubbles up in the tub and all the apples go sailing, including me.
I'm back in the cold cave before the pale mare and her bloody face. I glance towards her, orange eyes shifting like cogs in the machine of my skull, gently working out the kinks of this situation. She tells me her name but I forget it instantly, preferring the other name she provides. Assassins, it has a nice, slithery ring to it. Perhaps she's part snake?

One thing I know for sure though - this mare is not death.
With that knowledge I visibly relax, or as much as I can in a frozen wasteland.

Orange eyes hold the icy stare, but not with rebellion, fear, sorrow or anything else except interest. She's telling me what to do and I find it fascinating. I continue to opt for silence - this girl seems to have quite a bit to say and I'd hate to miss any of it as it's all been delightful thus far. Though I do wonder if she can hold true to her threats, but not enough to provoke her. She's right, I am too pretty to get marred up, and I'm sure she could break my bones - they're rather easy things to snap, bones.
I hate the feeling of pain. I think that's why I hate the cold. It's as if the air itself is painful when I suck it in. It pushes against my eyes and seems to nibble against my coat. It is an endless ache and I loathe it.

Still, I stay, head tilting ever so slightly to the left with a quizzical angle.

The ice wraith steps towards me and I lean my head back up and straight to better catch her expression, but otherwise I remain still. It is not a display of dominance on my part, but rather an inability to comprehend the subtle cues of her dominance. She is approaching, and I am comfortable where I am, so I remain. If we collide, something will give, though at this speed perhaps not.

Just then another key word hums out of the frozen lips of her apparent captor. Sisters?
I knit my 'brows together with confusion, orange gaze razing the girl's frame for some clue about our relation. Confutatis had been easy enough to recognize, but this one must have taken more after her dam. "You have his blood?" I asked slowly, my confusion heavy on my tongue. Her laughter nearly covers up my question and in return I smile, her joy infectious and my body eager to be rid of the uncertainty it's feeling.

I quickly find a different emotion to latch onto as Adrixaura continues to talk. Goddess she calls herself and a heat flares in my gut. It's not the flush of arousal I'm more accustomed to, but it's an internal fire all the same and it brings a hardness to my features. She continues to drone on and the phrase pops up a couple more times, further igniting my wrath.
Suddenly I'm no longer cold.

"You," I hiss between my teeth, now the snake, "are no goddess. Only HE is GOD!"
She is not my sister, I know that instantly with this betrayal to Him. I feel her lie crinkle in my chest like dead leaves underfoot. They splinter against my soul and they are easy fodder for my flames.

"How could you ever be anything but a mortal? You're not wearing a cock or a crown and your name dies on the tongue of a lonely serpent," I intone with a chill that matches the frozen realm this imbecile thought to be a world bowing to her. It surprises me, that the land wore on me so quickly, especially considering the heat I feel glaring inside my gut.
"The wolves howl out His name every night, writing it in the stars," my cold tenor rises to a wolfish snarl as my tattered lips grope at the air, seeking the flesh of the heathen to slurp down like spaghetti noodles. "DemonKing, DemongKing! DEMON KING!" I chant into a fever pitch. It leaves me panting and I feel that familiar warmth spreading in my groin. I moan his name one more time, urinating past my tail, the golden hormones warmed with my passion hissing against the frosted floor and splashing gleefully upon any nearby legs.

I quiver as the flow staunches, laughing freely now.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.