the Rift

[OPEN] To Feel Lost

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani's azure eyes remained locked upon the large stud that stood within the sea-foam of the ocean, listening with twitching red ears as he spoke and introduced himself. Solace. That was his name. Briefly the mare wondered if he was as solitary as his name suggested... After all, a name was the beginning of one's being. There was a... 'Gentlemanly' way that filtered through his vocals, and the compact mare found that she quite liked the sound of his voice. The backdrop of the sun against the sky filled her breast with joy and relief... Much like she was experiencing freedom, the sun was doing the same, from whatever prison had held him captive these last few months.

'Beau-tyful, yes?' At Kasai's mental inquiry, Romani chuckled softly beneath her breath, eyes closing as she sucked in a deep breath of the salty air. Yes... Very much so. At her side, the cub let out a soft, rumbling growl and then stretched. Large, fuzzy paws stretched outward as she kneaded the sand, tail going skyward, and with a soft 'plop' the young tigress laid down and got comfortable in the sand. In her mind, it was a great day for a nap. The sun would shine upon her ebony and ivory coat, and she would enjoy it.

"The pleasure is mine, sir Solace.... I assure you." Eyes snapped open, vivid and striking like the ocean on a sunny day. Her gaze shifted from the grey and mossy stallion to the rising sun, basking and relishing within its glory. "The light will heal this broken land, I believe. For so long we've been held prisoner in darkness, and now... I hope that this land will change, with the return of the sun. But we prevailed, we survived this trial... Perhaps it was a test." Romani smiled brightly, her head turning once more to meet with Solace's. She spoke of both Helovia's latest trial, and her own.

"So, what brings you to this place, if you are fine with me knowing?"

"I don't mind in the slightest. It has been so very long since I was in welcomed company, so forgive me if I'm speaking too much." A warm chuckle once more left her dark lips and she shifted her weight, resting hear back left hoof. The golden-red palomino could tell she had nothing to fear from this gentle stallion. "I was... Held in the northern lands of Helovia for quite some time. With the help of one of my herdmates, I managed to escape. This is the first in months that I have walked my own path..." A soft, nostalgic sigh left her lips, ears tipping back slightly in obvious emotion. A rather sad, troubled look pinched the gypsy's features, the long strands of her ivory forelock falling in front of her azure eyes. "I was stolen before the sun was taken from the sky, and I lived in frozen darkness. Now I am free, and relishing every second of it."

Once more, that kindred smile returned to the Haflinger's lips. Lifting her head and allowing the strands of her mane to fall around her cherubic face, the compact mare went on. "And? What about yourself, sir Solace? If I may be so bold as to say, you seemed to be quite troubled when we came across you..."

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-24-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Romani - 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-24-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Romani - 09-25-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-25-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Romani - 09-29-2013, 04:57 AM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-30-2013, 07:02 PM