the Rift

[OPEN] To Feel Lost

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

"I do not think I can imagine the joy you're feeling at this present moment." That was perhaps the understatement of a lifetime. Romani was a gypsy, a soul who wandered and found satisfaction by the miles she could complete beneath her hooves, and the locations that she discovered. A gypsy-warrior she was, resolute in protecting her loved ones, but flighty of the heart. To have been obtained and esnared like a sparrow in a cage, wings clipped and chained, had dampened her spirits over the course of the last months, but now... She was free to fly once more.

"It does, hm? I have discovered that I enjoy the sounds of the ocean." A simple statement of agreement, and through it, she found that she understood Solace a little bit more. If he understood the values and precious attributes of the land around them, it revealed all the bit more about his character. "A soothing song it sings, to those who are patient and willing to listen..."

Still, as Solace grew thoughtful and introverted, clearly fumbling with what information he wished to divulge, Romani listened with the patience of a saint. With a flick of her tail, the alabaster strands brushed against the sand beneath her hooves, creating a tiny path in the pale granules. Azure eyes remained locked upon Solace's pinched, troubled face, and her head tilted to the right in sympathy. Soon, however, his vocals floated across the air and met her ears, and curiosity rose once more within her crimson breast.

The Protector wondered just where this handsome, mossy stallion called home. Nostrils flared as she took a breath of the air, trying to obtain a scent from him that gave away his homestead... And yet, due to the salty air the swirled around them, it was near impossible. For a fleeting second, Romani wondered if he was speaking of the Edge, but, no. The land of dancing mists was well protected with loyal soldiers. Rendering the land 'weak' would be no easy feat. Perhaps the Foothills? The thought of her old home, so beloved as it was to her heart, caused the Haflinger to grimace. How she yearned to gallop through the mountainous hills once more... But it was impossible, ever since the Grey had taken it for their own.

"It is natural instinct, I think, to want to be close to your own kind. It gives us a sense of protection and safety, and allows us the experience of having a family, even if we are not related by blood." The mare's lips twitched downwards in a subtle frown, emotion swirling within her blue eyes. "But it is noble of you, Solace, to not wish to abandon them, no matter how weak the family may be. I can speak first hand how just of a cause that is." Had she not done the same? When the Grey had taken the Foothills, she had been a Warrior, powerless to help due to being Ophelia's prisoner and heavy with foal. Jackal, that blasted Thief of Kings had abandoned the Foothills herd in their time of need... But that was a different time.

Then Solace asked another question of his own, retaining to her trust. A rueful smile spread across Romani's lips and she chuckled. It was a deep, sensual sound, but one of pleasant comraderie. "Am I wary? Yes, very much so... But I won't blame the many for the faults of a few, nor will I put my life on hold because of an unpleasant experience. If I did that for each moment where something ill happened, well... I wouldn't live at all, now would I? A life driven by fear is no life at all."

At her side, young Kasai shifted and grew more comfortable in the sands with a quiet huff of breath. The feline's ice-blue eyes opened only briefly enough to glance up at Romani before slowly falling shut once more. The warmth of the sun bathing her monochromatic coat was bliss.

Abruptly, Romani tossed her head upwards, nickering softly. Freedom flowed through her veins, and she wanted to take action while it was hers to grasp. The endless shoreline of the ocean looked particularly inviting, practically calling her soul for a stroll upon its pale surface. "Would you be such the gentleman and share a walk with me, sir Solace? I would love to hold your company, if you would grant it to me."

[ooc: I love this. They're like two philosophical gents having an easy-going chat. XD Sorry for the wait, dear! And sorry for the length. Romani's running off with me. >__>]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-24-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Romani - 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-24-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Romani - 09-25-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-25-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Romani - 09-29-2013, 04:57 AM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-30-2013, 07:02 PM