the Rift

[PRIVATE] Immortal souls.

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

She hadn't heard his approach. Startled at the sound of his voice the golden queen spun around and faced the one who had snuck up on her. They stood in the water together, it lapped about their hooves, creating the feeling of a connection. His green tipped wings and bright green eyes caught her own blue eyes at once. He was unlike anyone Eris had seen before, a dark body that turned into white and green wings that stunned her with their exquisiteness. She wanted to close the distance between them, to share his warmth for a short while. That was a boundary that even Eris dared not to cross without permission. Unless you were killing someone, you were not welcome to share their warmth. A monster thinks that way, not a lost maiden.

No one had ever called something Eris had done beautiful before, the mare cocked her head to the side wondering what the pun of the joke was. "Beautiful?" Her blue orbs studied the winged warrior that appeared before. "Haunting I think is more fitting." Something about the way he had appeared before her without her notice was thrilling. Normally Eris was aware of everyone and everything that lurked around her, mostly because she was the main lurker. Not today however, this warrior dressed as an angel had gotten the jump on her. It could have been so dangerous, he could have killed her right there and then. That was what mostly thrilled her. However after her experience with Skywalker in the Marsh, Eris was excited to taste different stallions. That opportunity may eventually present itself, so the mare allowed the water to connect her to the winged entertainer before her. This golden dove was always ready to be entertained, she was alway keen to feel the sting of lust. Not everyone could capture the heart of this mare, in fact no one could, her heart did not beat with emotions. It only beat for blood. "I know that the words haunt me."

What was the song about? A pause cased a pregnant silence to fill the gap between them. Sea blue orbs never blinked however, she continued to stare at the dangerous beauty before her. "I think..." She fell silent again, what did she truly think? Honesty never came to Eris easily, today however she was tempted to try. "A maiden has forgotten how to live, maybe because she lost the one she loved." The idea comes to her the more she opens herself up the the stallion before her. "She wants to be saved from the darkness." Watching his face for a reaction the Vermillion Queen continues. "The darkness is the same thing that plagues me from time to time. We both need to be saved from the nothing that we've become." Eris rarely felt true goodhearted emotions, she did not treat herself well and most of all she did not love. What was a creature that lived without love? In The Empress' mind you were no longer a creature. You were nothing, a thing that existed without purpose. That was why Eris had to create her own purpose for being alive.

The silence that had fallen is broken by Eris' sad chuckle. "Aye, it is not a song for the light hearted." Few would be able to sing the song and truly understand just what the meaning of the words were. To most it was a pretty song that they could sing well, only maybe it was so much more. Maybe it was now a song about who she was. "You are no new player when it comes to feeling pain, I can tell." Studying his face Eris guessed that he felt similar pain, a lost companion, a need to feel the embrace of another again. Not wanting to dwell on the past however the mare is quick to enter the present again. "Who are you?" The question in not demanding, rather a soft request for them to sit at an equal level. "I'm Eris, I live in the wilds." No doubt he had gathered so much from the smell that lingered on her coat. Still it was always entertaining to meet other tortured souls. Sometimes they reminded her what it felt like to be alive again. To feel compassion towards someone that you had no duty towards. The concept was still a new thing that Eris was learning to do. Only it was forced and pretend. In the end Eris would always be a monster.

" "
752 words.
@[Murdock]
No rush lovely, I get busy as well. <33

Wake me up inside,
Bid my blood to run,
Before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I've become.

Messages In This Thread
Immortal souls. - by Eris_ - 09-24-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: Immortal souls. - by Murdock - 09-28-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Immortal souls. - by Eris_ - 11-16-2013, 07:50 AM