the Rift

[OPEN] Stuck in a Daydream

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

A lazy yawn escaped the mares lips as she trundled through the trees that dotted the landscape. She had taken the day to relax, instead of constantly circling the parameter like a vulture. It had become tiresome, and now that she was a general she hoped the duty would be divided more equally. The other warriors had become lazy, it seemed, for in her time within the heart she had yet to witness any spars and very few bothered to guard the borders despite their vulnerability. That would change, she vowed, but not today. Today she was having a well earned day off.

As she moved, she heard stomping hooves. Her ears flickered curiously as she looked up, spotting a rather pissed off and almost melancholy mare before her. Her antlers were dipped and she let semi-wet hair flop into her eyes, shielding her face as she moved swiftly from the waterfall. "'Lo there, are you well Lady?" Asked Artemis, voice quiet an polite as always, yet she got no answer. The mare blanked her, seemingly lost in thought as she passed by. Her shoulder brushed Artemis' but the unicorn did not say a word, instead glancing over her shoulder to watch the striped mare leave.

What had that been all about? Artemis shook her head with a soft sigh, shrugging her mammoth shoulders as she turned back toward the falls, plodding on her way and not letting the ignorant mare bother her. Any thoughts of Cheyenne were quickly forgotten in the time it took for her to reach the large clearing where she paused and took in a deep breath. The waterfall plummeted wildly, the sound of it both relaxing and unnerving to the hydrophobic creature. As he teal-grey eyes quickly scanned the grass, she spotted a grey pelt laying in the grass. She wandered over. "May I sit with you?" She asked, pausing a moment before gently lowering her body to the ground. The grass was warm and smelt like sweet dew. She inhaled, enjoying the fresh scent. For a moment she allowed the quiet to wash over her, relaxing her muscles as she flopped to her side with her legs sprawled haphazardly. Who cares if she looked strange? It was her day off.. "I apologize, but I don't recall your name. I am Artemis." She greeted, opening one eye to peer up at his face. "Is something bothering you?"

"Speak."

Credits
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Stuck in a Daydream - by Cheyenne - 09-26-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Alleo - 09-27-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Cheyenne - 09-27-2013, 03:48 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Cheyenne - 09-29-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Alleo - 09-29-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Alleo - 09-29-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Alleo - 10-02-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Artemis - 10-05-2013, 09:09 AM