the Rift

[OPEN] Eyes on fire.

Scarter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
S C A R T E R

Once again the black and white doe found herself back in this hellhole. She had travelled in the wrong direction and ended up in some completely random land. It was here that she had met a rather attractive stallion, only to end up in a psychical brawl with him. So, limping back to the veins had not been the most fun she'd ever had. Still her injuries were healing quickly and soon she would be back to her normal fabulous self. Her mane swirled around her shoulders, the wind more vicious than usual today, however the season had changed and the moon had revealed it's self in the sky. As a mare that thrived in the night time, she had found herself overjoyed, bathing in the moonlight. While the wind chilled the mare, the moon filled her with hope, no more than that...it filled her with life. The fact that the sound of her hooves hitting the ground echoed around the land did not upset her. In fact she took the time to reflect inwards of what she really wanted to do with her time in Helovia.

She had never really been a 'stay in one place' kind of soul. She wondered, explored and changed her plans often. One minute she was apart of a herd, the next she had left the herd and was on her own. She also found herself wondering about her loneliness. Never before had it affected her or her decisions. In fact most of the time she enjoyed traveling and living alone. However the older she got, the less time should would have to raise a child. But was that what she really wanted? Did she want her time weighed down by a foal? No, she didn't. Not at the moment at least. However eventually, perhaps when this quest was over, she would be able to find someone.

"Damn it." A cut on her neck stung causing her to mutter in frustration. She had not liked the after effects of the battle, however the rush she had felt while taking on someone twice her height and twice as strong, that was not something you felt everyday. The excitement was so much more exciting, thrilling than what she has ever experienced before. This mare, of course once she was healed, was excited to start another battle soon. Just for those few moments, she had let that warrior self of herself show and it was fantastic.

She paused beside the ruined shrine for the time god and smiled. It was him who had given her the gift to jump through time, travel to were ever she pleased. Unfortunately she wasn't allowed to use this awesome little bit of sass until she had walked around helovia. It had all gone rather well at the start, she had left the veins and was pumped to get to the next region, but a lass no, she had turned the wrong way. Having to start again had not done amazing things for her mood, but she would do it and hey maybe she would even be able to find someone to help pass the time.

525 words.
@[Apodis] So sorry! I forgot about this thread, anyways here it is!

Shoot me down, raise my head
Walk my field of dreams instead
Cause there's no way, you will march on top of me
Not how this is going to be be

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

Harmony wondered through this unknown land, for she has never set hoof here. She sighed, would she ever find her way out? Her small hoofs pattered on the ground, the moon lighting her path, she urged on toward an unforeseen destination. With her harks straining forward, and her nostrils flared, she searched for life. When nothing reached her, she looked for something to nibble on. Spotting a small patch of grass, she made sure it wasn't something sacred or important before she touched it. The brown grass tasted pretty good. She hadn't ad it in awhile, since she was in Heavenly Fields. She shuddered at the thought of that conversation. Shaking her dome, she tried desperately to brush off the dust off that night with her father from her wise, but young mind.

When she was least expecting it, she caught a wiff of something on the slight breeze. Smiling, she noticed it was something living. Possibly a horse, unicorn... She didn't mind. She just wanted someone to talk to, to keep her mind off things. Harmony carefully walked toward the stench. Keeping in mind that anything could turn cruel. When she caught sight of the life, she noticed it was a black unicorn. Her smile deepened and she walked towards the being. At a safe distance away, she nickered in a quiet, kind voice

Hello. I come in peace. I would like to approach you, with your permission that is.

Harmony always made a point to be careful what she talks to and approaches. She didn't mind if others thought it was cheesy, or stupid. She just didn't like taking risks. With a flick of her dome, the hair that was rudely poking her blue orb was forced away. Resting her right hind leg she waited patiently for the black unicorn to respond to her words.

@[Scarter]
Word count: 317
sorry for the short post....
The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Unregistered
S C A R T E R

Someone young dared to approach her, with little interest her purple orbs studied the little filly that came close now. The mare observed the cautious way the filly moved. The stopped a short while away and then spoke to her. Apparently she 'came in peace.' Scarter snorted at the filly finding this sentence hilarious. "Shouldn't you be asking if I come in peace little one?" The delicious laugh that fell from her lips swept along the land. Scarter must certainly did not always come in peace, however today she was in a good mood. Her mane was flowing beautifully down her neck, purple orbs where shinning and the injuries from her last spar where quickly healing. Scarter was indeed safe to approach, however she watched the little one with suspicion. Surely someone a mother was around? Honestly, Scarter didn't have the time to get involved with arguments over whether or not she was trying to kidnap some little brat. Careful eyes swept the land looking for another figure in the distance, unfortunately...or fortunately she didn't spot anyone or anything.

Looking back over the filly now, Scarter noticed that there was nothing special about this filly. She was a smile equine, no horn, no interesting markings and wings. Being such a beautiful and fascinating creature herself, the black and white doe tutted at the youngster. "Yes...I'm safe to approach." Issuing a large sigh, Scarter remained still careful not to frighten the youngster. "Although I doubt you are very interesting filly." Her eyes turned to the land again, so eager to fix her mistake and move onto the right path and get this quest over with. Over time she knew she would become greedy for more, want more magic, maybe even bond with a companion of her own. However for now she had to be thankful for what she had now, other than being a bitchy occupant of the land, never thankful for what she actually has.

Even if she always deserved more.

334 words.
@[Harmony] I was hoping Eagle would post, but I'll make another thread for Eagle and I. Small reply, wasn't really sure what I had to work with xD

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y
peace begins with a smile..

Harmony snorted. She flicked her long forelock from her eyes, her curls dancing in the breeze. She smirked a bit, knowing in the back of her mind that she looked beautiful. The moon lit her white spots, giving her a radiant glow. She may be an equine, but she definitely wasn't bland, like many others' of her species. Her coat pattern stood out from all the others, including other paints, so intricate and flashy. Her long mane, forelock, and tail seemed unearthly for her age. Her curls caressed her long winter coat. Her hooves are small and dainty, her face also this way. Her dome was very refined, as well as all of her muscles and features. SHe looked like a painting, a perfect one. Not one thing about her appearance was imperfection. But, oh... those orbs. They where much more than perfection. Deep blue pools that one could easily drown in the beauty. They shined in the darkest of nights, and always portrayed happiness and love, with few exceptions.

Her pools rested upon the Unicorns odd tail. It gave her the shivers. It wasn't the most beautiful thing.

" Miss, I am just trying to be polite. You don't have to be the same, but please, just be a little nice? I've had enough of some of these beings, it's just too much. "
Her voice was soft, with no intentions of being harsh or rude. Her eyes where still light, although she wasn't thoroughly enjoying the situation. She gazed around the landscape, the moon lit the land. She smiled. Her dome slowly turned toward the black Unicorn once again. Her smile was wiped off her kissers, replaced by a frown.
She listened to the Unicorns words, she winced as the lick of rudeness rubbed her coat the wrong way.
" Actually, I am very interesting, and very polite for my age. Don't let my appearance fool you. Just because I am not a genetic mutation doesn't mean I don't deserve politeness and at least a bit of respect."

She was slowly getting irrated, but she didn't want to disrespect the mare, for all she knew this thing could be a leader. Sighing, she forced a small smile and dared to look her in the eyes.
"blah blah blah."

@[Scarter]
{ I am sorry for jumping in :/ }

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The golden frame, happily trotted through the valley of Helovia, towards the place he'd never heard of, Places he hadn't been to. Just traveling blindly. Something that wasn't that alien to him. He'd always been up for a travel, not staying in one place for more than wanted. He enjoyed the thrill of adventure, exploration and finding special places he could seek out in times of need.

The golden buckskin, just let his deep limbs carry him further, following where his hooves took him, without a question to be asked. This place was as knew to him as everyone he'd met so far. But already it felt like home to him. He was happy to be apart of something, to have a ;family' to go back to, to feel safe within the circle, that was called The dragons Throat. Not a name that sounded very appeasing, but the place was enough for him to happily call a sanctuary.

He froze in place, shrouded within the rocky bridge like pathway. The place was dark and slightly eerie looking to him, but thus, that did not stop his approach. The voices that tickled his ear drums did however. He listened carefully, One he could tell was an older mare, the other just a little filly. trying to be strong in their words. Or rather to him, quite frankly rude. A slight chuckle escaped coffee stained lips, and from there the Stallion came from within the shadows, stepping into the feint glow that resonated around this place.

"Have we quite finished there? Or are you going to keep being very disrespectful?" His hove struck at the ground with agitation. There was one thing that really irritated him, That was manors. This filly was rude and it was frustrating him. "You speak of respect, but yet you have none what so ever. perhaps you should leave and think about your actions before you make a mess of yourself. Run away child and find your mother, before I cut that tongue from your foul mouth." A sinister laugh echoed out from his mouth, maybe it was the place, or perhaps he was changing in age. But the stag for once was quite mean. "Run along now, Child" He spat quite viciously, hoping to scare her away or at least teach the filly some manors.

In all of that he'd near forgot that there was another about. Turning to face her, his whole atmospheric emotion changed. "Well, hello there" He gave a cocky smile. If he had eyebrows, he would have twitched them at her in a flirting manor.

"Talk Talk Talk."
image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Unregistered
S C A R T E R

The filly's snarky reply caused Scarter to laugh with glee. "Those are big words little girl." Her purple eyes shot daggers at the filly who dared to question her, who dared to suggest that she was a mutation. "Your lack of a horn didn't upset me…until now." Scarter glared at the smiling filly, the mare didn't mind descending to the younger being's level. She did it all of the time. "I was merely commenting on the fact that you are young." Sighing with annoyance the gorgeous mare was finished talking with this filly, the conversation now was boring and Scarter needed something else to fill her interest with. When the stallion rocked up and began lecturing the filly Scarter just watched with a small smile on her lips. As a general rule Scarter didn't like foals, so the fact that this other stallion was jumping in to help her…well it amused her.

When he had finished with the filly Scarter offered him a flirty smile. "Well hello yourself." Grinning at the stag, Scarter turned and pranced away from the filly, she didn't wish to waste anymore time with the rude girl. If she was bored than her life wasn't really worth living. Hoping the stallion would follow her where they would be able to have a mature conversation Scarter glanced over to him. "Come and play!" Laughing Scarter turned back to the direction of The Spectral Marsh, her next destination of her quest. It was a huge journey ahead of her, she looked forward to having some company, even if it was just for a short while. Conversation, not one of Scarter's strong points. Clearing her throat the dark beauty thought about what she should say next. "My name is Scarter." Grinning she continued to speak in a soft and flirty tone. "You may call me Scar for short…if you wish." Her prancing gait carried her forward, she had room to brag, after all she was on a quest for a god!

"Do you have a name?" Her voice inquired of the study stallion that had come to her rescue.

353 words.
" "
@[Harmony] @[Apodis]

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

A smile grew upon his coffee stain lips, at the maidens words. He could tell this one would be fun. He wasn't always so abrupt with others, but this other mare had just been too rude for their own good. Rudeness didn't get you far in his world, manors meant everything to him. He watched, with a spark in his eye, as the older, more mature mare pranced her way onward. Her words wrapped around him like rope, limbs abiding to her wants. He found himself following her without even a second thought, chasing after the mare like a madman to his drug.
The stallion knew nothing of her, yet he followed, headed in a direction he had no clue. eye's were glazed over, purely trained upon the maiden ahead, watching her from behind as she swayed in front. It was like he, himself was drugged. His posture was slack, tail ends trail across stones, gathering little pieces of debris, his mane mere inches from the ground as his head hung lower than his withers. If the guy was a cartoon, his eyes would be the shapes of hearts right now. His well matured body was now craving something which he'd never tasted before. He wanted something, he didn't know how to get.
Following like a lost puppy, Apodis almost missed it when her sweet melody sang for his name, for what she were to call him. At that he pick up his posture, pulled himself together and trotted up to her side. "You can call me Apodis, sweetheart" he gave a cheeky smile, eye's glistened, giving away the mood he was in, in an instant. It wasn't hidden all that well, when it was plastered all across his feature's. He flipped his forelock out of his eye's, in a way that was almost inviting. Flashing back a smile as the golden toned guy picked up speed and headed off in front slightly. He was showing off like a dumbfounded teenager on crack. Though being all hot headed, forgetting about the terrain under hoove, he tripped, toe ends having caught a misplaced rock. An unnatural sound escaped his lips, lush tendrils flew in all directions around his face, almost blocking his complete vision. The stag managed to replace his misfooting, just before his chin grazed the rocky surface. Though now he felt like such an idiot, if he could blush, he'd be crimson all over. Taking back his spot at her side, just a few steps back, he followed again with a more disgruntled expression. "where you headed?" he asked, his voice now more simple and less testosterone filled. Wait ago at killing the mood Apodis.

"Talk Talk Talk."
@[Scarter]
image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Unregistered
S C A R T E R

He was quick to smile as she verbally degraded the younger filly. Smirking as well Scarter waited for his response to her question. Apodis what a curious name. The dark mare decided that she liked it, yes, it was strong and very masculine. Just like the best that moved beside her now. She shot him another grin, this time it was more flirtatious and wicked.
Only the stag beside her got his foot caught in a rock or...well something. The mare watched stunned as he began to topple over, gasping as the ground started to move closer and closer to his head. Scarter merely paused and watched the stag take his tumble. The black raven did not feel the need to assist the embarrassed stallion, she also felt the desire to please him trickling away. Sighing, the mare paused and waited for Apodis to gain his footing again. "You've got to watch you footing around here." A chuckle fell from her lips. Turning back to the direction on the Throat, Scarter began to move quickly.

Where was she heading? He was interested in playing with her some more was he? The raven smirked and tossed her mane over her shoulder. Her scars gleamed in the light from the fiery pits. Three long and thick scrapes covered her right shoulder. They started at the nape of her neck and trailed down to her body. She had hated them and probably would always would, in her eyes they were hideous and would always subtract points from her natural beauty. Laced eyes blinked away their disappointment and then realised that she still had to answer his question. "The land of The Dragons is calling my name, I will visit them before continuing on my way again." The throat probably wasn't prepared to witness her beauty, smirking the mare picked up her pace. Excitement flowed through her veins. Once she arrived in the throat the mare would truly be on her way. Plus once she finished this tedious quest she would actually just be able to teleport anywhere she wished.

Grinning the mare picked up the pace. "Race you there Apodis!"

[fade to black]

358 words.
" "