the Rift

[OPEN] Our Dreams are Alive

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

I was in the Endless Blue now, some where it had been far to long since I had visited again. My clefts wandered me into the shivering waters as my legs collapse underneath me. I had traveled too much lately and my legs were aching in pain. Though I couldn’t bare the harshness of it, I stood up once again, knowing I had a foal in my stomach.

This foal was going to be hard work after it arrives into the new world. But what if its daddy doesn’t even show up and for the rest of its life it’ll be looking for him? I don’t want that but there was no way I could force Catillatio to come to his foal’s birth day. He probably wouldn’t even care if I died giving birth to one of his foals, all he wanted from me is what he was going to get, a monster.

I shook my dome, the thoughts fading away where I could no longer think about them. But they were replaced with thoughts of Apollo. Oh, how I longed to see my friend. It had been a while since I had last met his friendly face, I never even bothered to go back to the Foothills since Ktulu had came out of the forest and met us at the borders.

I waded out of the water, my hooves dragging along. Too weak to stand, I fell to the soft beach sand, resting my head across it. My eyes started to flutter and then shut gently as I went into a deep nap.

Credits

@[Apollo]
Don't fear of dying, take advantage of it.
- Feel free to do anything along the lines of attacking her, as long as it involves no killing. -

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Terror caused his frame to tremble as he stepped forward, his hooves sinking almost frightfully into the sand beneath him. The granules gave way easily beneath his bulk, shifting and sinking downwards... The stallion's breath hitched, eyes nearly bugging from his skull, and for a moment he was completely stationary. Nostrils flared wide and wild, honey-brown orbs staring forward without seeing... Terror washed through him like the taste of a bitter poultice, memories plaguing his mind and robbing him of the 'then and there'.

"Run! Get to shore!" Water sloshing, waves crashing, so cold and numbing... Wolves barking, teeth gnashing, poisonous clouds enveloping them as the tendrils the size of two or three horses in the ocean thrashed back and forth in the ocean like headless worms....

Panic. All consuming panic. And a hint of rage. "Let her go!"

Horrors had happened here. This place... This cursed, terrible place. Why had he come back here?! What had drawn him to this damned part of Helovia?!

Over his panic, hidden from his frantic mind, the waves crashed peacefully against the shore. Where the sound might bring comfort to one, to Apollo, it brought nothing but horror. He remembered the terror he had felt on what was supposed to have been a calm, collected day. The impromptu play-date that he and Phaedra had scheduled, all those seasons ago... Back when Apollo knew that the earthy-toned Pegasus had still liked him.

Ever since foal-hood, Apollo had always had a profound fear of the water. The thought of drowning, of being pulled beneath the water as the air was sucked out of his lungs, imagining the horrors that lurked beneath the placid waves... It was terrifying. Bloody terrifying, and something that he expected no one else to understand. His fears had only been sanctioned by the arrival of that damned horror show, that monster from the deep. Seasons had passed, and yet... It was something that he could not forget, or let go.

A breeze passed him by, caressing his face and toying with the strands of his mane and tail. It was still chilly, but... Perhaps that was from his fear. A sigh escaped the stallion from his stationary position upon the sand, his hooves covered by the pale granules, and he showed no signs of moving any time soon. His muscles were tensed and bunched as if ready to turn and flee, and Apollo had to suck in many a deep breaths before he could even begin to relax. This place... This terrible place...

"I should leave," he murmured to no one but the heartless waves, "I should go. This place is not for me." Subconsciously he was nodding, the handsome form of his head bobbing slightly up and down, his eyes distant and away. It was clear, simply by looking at him, that the overo was not all there. Fear had robbed him of his mind as he stood along the beach, the unforgiving expanse of the ocean at his head.

It was as he was turning to seek the safety of inner land, his muscles finally unlocking themselves, that he spotted a figure slumped in the sands, closer to the churning waves. Apollo paused, his breath hitching once more, but from a completely different reason. Eyes quinting, he could barely make out the form of the mare who had decided that the beach was a 'lovely' place for a nap, and then realized it was Antheia.

Apollo recalled their last visit clearly, and gave a snort. The kind and caring medic in him said to go to her, to make sure that she was well... But Apollo the Merciful, the Chief, wanted to leaver her be. She had picked her own path, condemning him for his... And yet the concern for an old friend won out. With a harsh sigh and a roll of his eyes, Apollo stepped forward through the cursed sand, yet didn't venture any closer than two or three paces. He would simply make sure she was well, and then go home. Yes, that was a good idea.

He was still a ways from Antheia, but he stretched his neck out and spoke, calling out her name. All the while his honey-brown eyes glared at the churning waves of the ocean in accusation.

"Antheia? You might want to find somewhere else to rest your head... Sleep here and the monsters of the sea will have you as lovely snack."

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Deceased
Clo.
I could see images--- images of Harmony and the foal. Though, they were coated in black and white, I could see them clearly. It wasn’t too hard to see the markings of the he, but the full details were not too visible. They were running through a field which seemed to be the Heavenly Fields, or so I thought from the setting that was placed around their frames. He was very stunning, according to his white glazed dome and the ripples up towards his spine, produced under his stomach. He had short hair at the moment, but I was pretty sure it would grow along with the rest of him. Yet, he had no horn, no crown laid upon his dome, much like his sister. Harmony, still was beautiful as ever, and would forever be. Even if the images were in black and white, I could still see the rays reflecting off her shiny coat.

That faded by, and the next couple of pictures floated into my mind. It was Apollo. My long lost friend, the one I had left behind at the beginning of Birdsong. I hadn’t seen him since my first encounter with Ktulu, but now all I could do was think about him. His gorgeous coat glittering in the sunshine, and those honey-brown orbs, so… so addicting. I couldn’t help but be attracted to him, but now I was pregnant. How would he react towards this? To this bloated stomach? I could only hope he wouldn’t leave me forever, I couldn’t resist him, and if he left, I would be lost in a whole new world of hell. He was the one who greeted me to this place, with that gentle little pleasing smile of his, I wouldn’t be able to live without him. He was, well, everything to me. Though, I guess he feels otherwise.

”Antheia? I awoke, staring at the blurry figure for a moment before it finally became one figure. Apollo. I smiled and stood up weakly, but managing to stand up on all fours. ”Hello Apollo.” I nodded and started to walk up the beach line, farther away from the water, knowing Apollo had a fear of the deep waters. I knew I had feelings for him, but how would I tell him such a thing when he still might be in love with that Phaedra mare he had told me about? What if I frightened him away and he never got over it? Then I would be alone.
- bg - table - image -

@[Apollo]
- Feel free to do anything along the lines of attacking her, as long as it involves no killing. -

A P O L L O

Before his eyes, Antheia woke and greeted him with a smile, before pushing herself upright and to her feet. The stallion eyed her warily for a moment, clearly uncertain, and just for good measure he sized her up. The medic in him would never be able to turn away someone who could possibly be hurt... It was something he had noticed since obtaining his healing abilities.

Still, as his eyes roamed over the ebonite mare, Apollo couldn't help but notice the slight bulge in her stomach. It was minute, barely there, but... Goodness, was Antheia pregnant? The thought caused his mind to tilt, thinking back to their brief meetings they had shared in the past. Never had she mentioned there being a stallion that had caught her fancy, and honesty the Chief didn't take her as the type to simply have a one-night-stand with someone, like some of the mares in Helovia. The thought caused Apollo to grimace and nearly scoff, but he refrained. Hopefully Antheia wasn't like that.

As the dark mare steadied herself and began to move away, thankfully further from the churning waters of the ocean, Apollo hesitated before following her. There was something amiss, and despite his uncertainty about Antheia, the black and white overo was curious to discover what it was. The stallion's frame followed a short distance behind the mare, tail snapping left and right, hooves sinking downwards in the granules of sand with each step that he took... But luckily he was further from the suffocating waves of the damned ocean. Apollo spared the liquid a look of contempt.

Stay.

A snort, and then Apollo's eyes found Antheia once more. Extending his steps, he moved to stand beside her and glanced almost hesitantly to her face. "Antheia?" He questioned, questions brimming in his head. Did she hate him? Did it bother him that she might? The thought that she might caused his chest to twinge, but in what? "I, well... I apologize, I suppose, for how I acted when we last met... But I hope you would understand; there truly was nothing that I could do. I was snared by the laws of my herd, and the laws of my family."

The stallion sucked in a sharp breath, releasing it slowly and almost pensively through his nostrils. "Do you hate me for it?" There. The question was honest, blunt, and Apollo asked it as emotionally void as he could. How many friends had he lost since coming to Helovia, living the life of a mercenary? Would he lose Antheia, too...? Or had she even been a friend to begin with? The questions were abuzz in his head, but the only one who could answer stood in front of him now.

Deceased
Clo.
I saw him gaze over my soft cloak near my stomach as the creature inside me kicked out, producing a small bump in my side. I bared my teeth at the pain and looked back to Apollo with a smile, making sure he didn’t figure out I was in pain and there was a foal inside of me. I mean, how could I tell him something like that when… Well, when I liked him. I couldn’t tell him that there was a foal inside my stomach and then tell him that I really loved him, along with the fact that the foal was just a plain mistake. It would be so wrong for someone like me to do that to such a gentle friend.

He apologized, but there was no reason to do so. If he thought he had done something wrong, and it was all his fault, I must disapproved. I was tired though, so I gave a slight nod, closing my eyes as he stood close to me. But that one question made me jerk. ”Do you hate me for it?” How could he think of such a thing? Thinking a hated him for what he had down right, what he had done for his family? I knew he was doing what he knew was right for his family. I understood, I would’ve done the same thing, to protect my precious loves. " Apollo, how could I ever hate you, I lo---?"

I cut my words off fast, staring into honey-brown orbs with a confused expression. Had I really just said that to him? What if he didn’t feel the same towards me? I would be lost, I wouldn’t be worth anything, not to him anyway. He would leave me, and never return, scared to see what had been in love with him when he only wished to be friends. Oh, I had just made a terrible mistake, that I couldn’t take back.
- bg - table - image -

@[Apollo]

A P O L L O

It did not take long for Apollo to receive an answer to his rather melancholic question, but the words that Antheia uttered caused the stallion's head to snap upwards at attention. What? He had been expecting hate. Anticipating it, almost. For did Antheia not look beyond livid that day in the Foothills, when she had sought him out and had been turned away by Ktulu? Apollo wouldn't have been surprised if Antheia did hate him but this... This, he didn't know how to handle.

Antheia had cut herself off, seemingly unable to control the words that flowed from her mouth, but the shocked expression that the mare wore upon her face said it all. She... She what?

She loved him?

The stallion blanched. Never before had anyone spoken such words to him, aside from the love that Andreas had bestowed upon him. Yet they were blood, brother and sister, and their love was resolute with the boundaries of family running between them. And yet here, Antheia, admitted her love for him, and Apollo's mind was reeling. Was it... A love between friends? Did she love him like a sister? Or... Was it true, unabashed, heart-sickening love?

Who would love him? He was nothing special. A wanderer turned spy, turned medic, turned Chief, perhaps, but there was nothing special about him. He was not unexplainably beautiful like Phaedra or the massive number of mares who traipsed these lands, or incurably handsome like so many stalwart stallions that wandered Helovia. He was just... Apollo. And yet here Antheia was, admitting her love for him. How in the hell was he supposed to come back to that?

"I... Antheia, I..." His lips opened and closed, words fumbling, and the overo was certain he looked like a fool, lips flapping like an idiot and standing there with a flabbergasted look upon his face. What did he say? What was he supposed to say? That he loved her, too? The thought caused Apollo's head to jerk back and a hoof slid backwards in the sand, putting the smallest of distances between them. Did he?

No... No, I don't. The realization was both relieving and so terribly heartbreaking at once. Perhaps somewhere in his heart, Apollo did care for Antheia, but not as a lover. A friend, perhaps, or a distant relative, but nothing more. He simply didn't know her.

"I'm flattered, Antheia... I truly am, and I am so very grateful that you do not hate me." He paused, sucking in yet another breath. It was a good thing that the world had enough air to go around, or Apollo feared he'd be hoarding it all. "I don't really know what to say... I mean, I do care for you as well, but as a brother would care for a sister. I... I'm sorry."

@[Antheia]

Deceased
Clo.
"I don't really know what to say... I mean, I do care for you as well, but as a brother would care for a sister. I... I'm sorry."

The last sentence seemed to make the waves crash harder, the thunder in the background crackle louder, and the sky grow darker. But I think it was all the feelings I had for him drain in sorrow. I couldn't believe all those times we had met each other he had never felt a spark between us like I did, not even a little one. He cared for me as a sister... and that's all he felt between us. Maybe I'm just tired, or maybe he really didn't care for me at all. I should of kept my muzzle shut, or none of this would've happen. But now, now he was going to hate me forever. He would never look back at my ugly face. He would keep walking away, not to even stop.

"A-A-pollo. I didn't mean i-t." But I did. My mind added in it's own way, but I tried to ignore it. I didn't want everything to end this way, but it just all forced against me, like I was trapped in a corner and being squished by an invisible push. I was helpless against it, and there was no hope in ever fighting it. I was weak. I hated that word, but that was the only way I knew how to describe myself at this moment. Weak. Tears began to fall from my cheeks and I could no longer feel my legs. My heart felt like it was about to stop the pumping of my blood and I was about to black out. But I kept fighting.

I looked towards my old home, World's Edge, and then back to Apollo. "I hope the Foothills, and you, carry on strong. Goodbye." Those would be my last words to him, to my good friend. I doubt he would ever see me again, because I had to put an end to this.

[Sorry for the long wait! If you want, you can do one more post and then it can come to an end. c: Hope I'm not being pushy! :/]