the Rift

[OPEN] gulls

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
From the briny salt waters, born of ancient tides and sea-foam, comes an unusual beast, a serenader and singer, a weaver of tales and whisperer of ancient stories. First, the wind stirs and shifts, rippling across the blue waves of the ocean deep, and then the water churns; the gulls in the sky squawk and quabble with one another, voices suddenly understandable. "She's coming!" They shrill, feathers falling from the air as they whirl away, wingbeats a thundering cacophony. The water swirls, sucking at Huyana's legs, treacherous waves.

And then, suddenly, the water calms, and from the ocean leaps forth her.

She is a being divine, a unicorn sculpted of the salted sea. Her mane is the foam that caps the waves, and her rippling lion's tail plume is the same. Sedna is her name, the lithe ocean mare, a sea-nymph of thin and lithe build whose voice is the roar of the tsunamis and the whisper of waves lapping sandy shores. In her faintly translucent flanks you can see kelp and small marine life- a baby sea turtle caught by where her heart would be, multiple crabs of jeweled shells floating near her eyes of onyx. Most impressive is the mare's horn, a curling, twisting thing of pearl and silver. Sedna towers over the two mortals, for a moment as tall as a two-story building; and then she shrinks down to the size of Huyana, gazing into the rainchild's eyes.

"Impressive," she growls, gaze drifting to the blood stallion with the glass horns.

"Scholar... I have come to share knowledge with you. And even you, poisoner, I'm sure I can find something to tell you." She settles comfortably, water pouring constantly off her flanks but never does her form break.

"Tell me your names."

Messages In This Thread
gulls - by Huyana - 09-29-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: gulls - by d'Artagnan - 10-05-2013, 05:24 PM
RE: gulls - by NPC - 10-05-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: gulls - by Huyana - 10-06-2013, 01:10 PM