the Rift

[OPEN] gulls

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie

Is it really that nice? If she had not taken so much pleasure in her frolicking, perhaps the rain mare would have seen the blood-red doctor before his query rang out over the waves, coasting into her ears like a reckless gull. She swung her dark head into his direction, blue gaze immediately finding his own mis-matched eyes, blue and brown, as if there were no more matching buttons to pick from, so two of opposing colors were sewn on. He was familiar, and she knew exactly who he was—the enigmatic Moon Doctor, d'Artagnan, rumored to be half-mad; he stood before her with his handsome hell-hound, seeming a little perturbed by her childish antics. Huyana gave one last toss of her heels before settling down, standing squarely before the bay, the sea's frothy fingers lapping tirelessly at her limbs. "Of course," she laughed, eyes sparkling mirthfully. "The sea is one of the simplest pleasures of life—" the rain girl was interrupted by a mass exodus of birds. She's coming, they cried, dispersing through the sky in a mess of wings and feathers. Uncomprehending blue eyes glanced upwards sharply, brows furrowing in confusion; bit nefore she could say anything else, she cried out with startled alarm as the formerly gentle waves grabbed at her dark limbs, threatening to drag her into their depths. Frantic gaze fell upon the Doctor, a distressed white ring flashing around her rain-blue eyes. Help, they said, but then the water stilled, and the mare stumbled forward with relief.

Before her stood something even more arresting.

She, Huyana presumed, towered over them, casting a shadow over the little sterling roan. She gasped, breath caught in her throat at the sheer opulence of the entity—entirely wrought of brine and seafoam and pearl, the unicorn naiad stood before them like some testament to magnificence, various forms of sea-life trapped within her elegant body. "Mother of the sea," Huyana murmured reverently, studying the dripping form as it shrunk to their level. Giving a quick glance to d'Artagnan, wonder seemingly etched permanently into her features, the rain girl's gaze returned to the naiad. The nymph spoke in a low, powerful tone that recalled ancient echoes of the ocean. Scholar... I have come to share knowledge with you. And even you, poisoner, I'm sure I can find something to tell you. The roan blinked—never had she felt so much awe in her life, so much desperate admiration. "My name is Huyana, lady of the deep," she answered simply, inclining her head lightly with respect. What knowledge would a sea-goddess wish to impart with her, a creature made of flesh and bone whose lifespan was hopelessly limited? Her stomach churned with yearning, with desperate desire to know.

Messages In This Thread
gulls - by Huyana - 09-29-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: gulls - by d'Artagnan - 10-05-2013, 05:24 PM
RE: gulls - by NPC - 10-05-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: gulls - by Huyana - 10-06-2013, 01:10 PM